Potential new member needs tour

I am a potential new member (retiree) that would like to get a tour of the facilities. I have a friend who is a retired police office that might want to join me, since he too is interested in membership. When I email the [email protected] address, they replied as follows:

The best way to see our facilities and learn about its capabilities right now is to post to our Talk forum and request a volunteer give you a personal tour. Including a couple of days/times and areas of particular interest will help match a volunteer. The same volunteer is usually willing to help with singing up for membership and badge configuration at the same time if that all works out to be desirable.

As a result, I am looking for a volunteer to show me and possibly my friend around and possibly handle the membership and badge. Since I’m retired, I can be pretty flexible with days and times. If possible the sooner the better since I’d like to get checked out on the automotive lift and via another message thread an individual has indicated that they can do that this Thursday evening.

Regards,

Bob Kirk

2 Likes

If someone else doesn’t step in, I could show you around Thursday afternoon. Chances are that someone else can offer you an early date, though.

3 Likes

Whoever sent that made an unfortunate typographical error: there will, unless my experience lies, be NO concerts…
:wink:

1 Like

What no singing? I’m out… :joy:

4 Likes

I could give a tour tues or Wednesday night. Maybe Wednesday noon. So far I haven’t had anyone decide they weren’t going to join after a tour, and way more than I would have expected who join without ever having a tour, we have an amazing equipment selection, lots of fun once you get to know people. I strongly encourage coming to committee meetings and step up in helping fix things. Its all volunteer run and we never seem to have enough volunteers.

Randy

3 Likes

Randy, I wouldn’t want your streak of touring without joining to be broken. I received the link to join as a retiree today, so I will go ahead and start the membership process. I’d still like a tour and my buddy plans on joining me and very likely joining then too.

if I’ve joined by the time you setup a time to meet, can I get the badge/fob that I’ve heard about then too?
@hon1nbo has indicated in another thread that he can do the lift training on Thursday and I’d like to be set to do that with him.

Thank you
Bob Kirk

2 Likes

Re: The fob. Maybe. If we’re lucky. Actually, I think we’re working on fixing that issue even as I type. We’re had to replace a computer thing, and it’s making us redo some data … … um… points.

1 Like

Bob pick a time after 5, I’m in coppell so only about 15 minutes away.
Randy

1 Like

I’m having difficulty completing the transaction to join. Regardless of what I insert, it fails on the User Name.

1 Like

5:30pm? Which day? Either is fine.

1 Like

ensure it’s all lowercase with no special characters. Try to keep it under 12 characters as well. I recall there being limitations, however I can’t remember what they are off the top of my head. We occasionally break the page pop up that says what’s wrong with your entry. The joys of volunteer SA.

1 Like

Tenth time is the charm…

2 Likes

5:30 Tuesday works great for me for a tour. We will also attempt the badge activation.

Go to https://dallasmakerspace.org/

Open then member portal in top right of screen.
See if you can login to maker manager badge screen. If you can we should be able to link a RFID badge to your userid. If it won’t let you login post a message on talk to infrastructure team that your userid is not linked to maker manager. It may be fixed by now.
Randy

1 Like

Just saw this post related to maker manager problems

1 Like

It is not.
Thread to watch

Rather than post, send email to [email protected] with the details and we’ll work it from there…

1 Like

My freind Frank and I will be there right around 5:30pm (give or take with traffic from Plano)

I have been unable to log into that area of the site and have sent an email to accounts@ address.

Bob

3 Likes

Randy, thank you again for showing Frank and I around DMS. We really appreciated your insight and information about each area of the building.

We both look forward to seeing you again soon for the Welding class. Hopefully, we can get it lined up soon with the Hot Process training too.

Bob

2 Likes