Post pictures of the "phases" of DMS

Looking back at seeds of growth and change. I think it might be interesting to see what people might have squared away. I just found a few image in my google file - super tiny but still interesting.

1 Like

I have a good panorama shot of ladybird warehouse somewhere

3 Likes

That might be an interesting collage for Open House.

2 Likes

Planning the woodshop layout.

Adding tops to room 1 table frames we welded.

7 Likes

Are those the common room tables?

what would be neat for open house is to make a slide show of these to run on one ofr
the smaller screens somewhere?

The lease for our first location on Audelia was signed June 18, 2010. The CO was issued July 7, 2010. We finally fixed the AC on September 27, 2010. The timestamps on these pictures show September 3, 2010. We did walkthroughs, moving, and build-out during that time, so I think this might be a “mostly” accurate date for these. Maybe a week or two before that time. All photos by Steve Rainwater.

6 Likes

Here’s a link to a Flickr group. Lots of gems.

Photos of Dallas Makerspace projects and events. Dallas Makerspace is the first hackerspace in Dallas, Texas. The group is a collaborative community workshop where artists, engineers, makers, creators, and thinkers learn from each other and work...

6 Likes

Great link! Thanks Amazing to see how much we’ve grown - new capabilities and build outs.
I personally miss this - and remember the hours that @PearceDunlap spent laying this out. I always thought it gave a look of being more organized than we really are! They really lead to various controlled entropy containment areas … aka Makerspace

7 Likes

Agreed…this was great

The big plus it had was the shitty brown paint made it look like a resistor

4 Likes

I really liked this too. Thanks @PearceDunlap for all the effort you put into it.

3 Likes

Before moving into the Audelia space, we met at company|dallas (coworking) and XMAX Games. I took these pictures at company|dallas in April of 2010 to create content for Meetup.com.

1 Like

Ditto.
I think I already said it as best I can here.

1 Like