Possible cheap walnut buy

I am considering bulk buying some walnut to resell to DMS members.

Here’s what I’m looking at: kiln dried 8/4 walnut, 10ft lengths, 6-12” width. At an Average 7” width, this is 11.6 board foot per board.

I would resell these for around $60 a board, which works out to $4-5 / bf

8/4 lumber is currently $11/bf at central.

Would you buy some and how much would you buy?

I could also get 4/4 but it would be green. $20-30/stick, same $4-5 a board foot.

Just to be clear, This would not be through the Makerspace, this would be a personal venture.

If I can get enough interest to justify driving across the country to get it, I will.

5 Likes

im interested not sure how much i would buy yet let me figure that part out

1 Like

I’m willing to buy 10 of each. I’ll pay now and wait for delivery.

2 Likes

I would probably buy at least 2 boards.

1 Like

I’d be in for sure, down to buy about 100 bd ft.

So 10 sticks?

You have my interest. YAP… Not sure what I have for a project idea, maybe a coffee table. I’d need to really think about my design, before committing to an amount

1 Like

I’m in for three sticks. Any idea of timing if there is enough interest to make it happen?

3 Likes

Best guess dec 6.

If there’s enough interest and I can swing the logistics and drive straight thru, maybe I can have it back here by next Tuesday the 24 but no promises on that.

2 Likes

Yeah id probably be in for 10.

1 Like

Sorry, ill give you a definite 10 so you can plan on it.

1 Like

I’d be interested in a couple. I’d need to get it by 12/9 or I’d have to wait until January to get it from you.

1 Like

I’m not seeing a lot of interest in the 4/4 right now, if that doesn’t go up would you buy another 5 sticks of 8/4 and resaw it?

I’m in for a board or so. About $100 worth dependent on how the measurements pan out.

1 Like

I’m in, for 5 sticks of the 8/4. Now just need to figure out what I’m going to make with it and where to put it.

2 Likes

Absolutely

1 Like

@Steve1. We need some too!!!

1 Like

Yeah, love walnut, I guess 2 boards if that equates to $100 to $120.

1 Like

Yes please. At least 3 boards of the 8/4 for me.

1 Like

Count me in for 3 sticks/boards of the 8/4, please!

1 Like