Portraits in Wood Followup (veneer Press)

For those that took my class - If you are interested in building a simple veneer press here is a video link: veneer press.
Personally, I set my veneer work under a 1’x2’ granite slab.

2nd - as far as a finish I use Watco Oil in natural. I also like using Watco’s Satin wax. I found both at wood world. The best oil I have used in the past was Dura Seal Quick Coat Finish which is a bit hard to find other than at flooring companies. For a soft finish some sort of tung oil works well.

3rd - the veneer sheets at wood world are 2’ x 8’ and are 10 mil thick. Cost varies by square foot and species. I picked up a nice Ash sheet which I can dye into most colors I’ll need. Cheers!

4 Likes

I blame you. :wink: You were right. I can’t stop at just one! I haven’t cut yet, but I have my vectors done for two images.

It was a great class. Thanks much for the class and all the info. And also a shout out to thank @coloneldan for the veneers he provided.

3 Likes

Any plans for another in the future?

1 Like

sorry, not in the immediate future. I’m planning a Christmas in July class of veneered Christmas ornaments but nothing else yet. I got another 96,000 gun parts to do between now and then so kinda busy.

2 Likes

you’re very welcome. Make me proud.
I’ve started on my Magnum Opus which has 175 pieces in it. Gonna take me about 2 months to finish.

1 Like