Polymer Clay Meetup Tuesday 3.7.17 (Cancelled)

For any who are interested, @clk75201 and I were discussing getting together and creating some Polymer Clay items. So far the ideal date and time has been set to Tuesday 3.7.17

2 Likes

@mrsprovectus @missydee1206 @bitta @Julie-Harris @kyrithia
all of you have shown interest in Polymer Clay classes before.
If you would still like to learn, we are having a tentative polymer clay work day Tuesday, March 7th, 12:30pm.

I could help with teaching millefiori canes and faces for beads/buttons in addition to your sculpting. @clk75201

@kyrithia You mentioned being quite busy until the summer time, but I’d still love to get together and create something or take a class by you.

1 Like

Oops! Just to clarify, it’s Tuesday, March 7th, at 12:30pm.

edit

Ah hah! It finally refreshed for me.

Can’t wait to do this!

1 Like

Same!!

I just wanted to repost some things that were discussed in the original PC Interest thread…

Tuesdays are long-standing fiber nights. I can’t commit to afternoons because as much as I live the space, my heart belongs first to Starbucks (they pay my bills :wink: ) if my crazy life aligns I’ll drop by though!

1 Like

So for classes Tuesday’s are out for you… hmm. Let’s see if we can come up with another day that works for everyone!

I work during the day but since it’s a work day and not a class, depending on the structure I could possibly do this as long as I can bring my laptop in case something comes up at work. If it’s during the day my preference would be Tuesday, Thursday or Friday. :slight_smile: I’m also pretty busy for work in the spring but I think March 7 might be do-able. I am hoping my life will calm down somewhat after the next couple of weeks!

1 Like

There’s wifi up at DMS so bringing your laptop to a work day sounds like a great idea!

Sounds like some good DAYTIME work days are TUESDAY, THURSDAY, AND FRIDAYS. Awesome!

Laptops are welcome.

(This 20 character minimum thing is like reverse Twitter.)

sometimes it helps to make it a game:

laptops are welcome
twenty characters required
haiku makes it fun

2 Likes

Where do I buy clay or will clay be available to buy there? I don’t know anything about working with polymer clay but I have seen a lot of polymer clay creations and it looks like fun.

1 Like

I was going to pick up a multi-colored pack from Hobby Lobby or Michael’s. Grab a 50% off coupon and it’s probably under $10. But, and I say this with confidence, it doesn’t take a lot of polymer to do awesome things. So I’ll bet there’s plenty to share, and you can pick some up later if you decide you like it.

http://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbies/Clay-Molding-Sculpting/Clay/Classic-Sculpey-III-Multi-Pack/p/29213

1 Like

You can also purchase this pack on Amazon for almost half of what it is in store!

https://www.amazon.com/Polyform-Sampler-Assorted-Colors-24-Pack/dp/B007QNEGIG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1487611076&sr=8-2&keywords=premo+polymer+clay

https://www.amazon.com/Polyform-Sculpey-Multipack-1-Ounce-Effects/dp/B00CO9MPQC/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1487611076&sr=8-6&keywords=premo+polymer+clay

Ooooh. Ahhhh. Like I need another reason for Amazon to take my money.

If you are ordering, would you consider picking up a cutting blade, too? I’ll bring some razor blades, bamboo skewers, and toothpicks, but one of those longer flexible blades is really handy.

Right?! Amazon Prime is a life saver. I have my fair share of polymer clay currently and tools that I currently use. I can put up a Basic Budget Friendly PC Kit for people with less PC knowledge :smiley:

Cancelled this one. @sunshine is scheduled to work unexpectedly, and I’ve come down with a cold. Schedules change. It’s one of the reasons I didn’t schedule a class, but rather a workshop.

We’ll try again someday.

If you guys sign up for an honorarium and throw the money to ca I will buy you supplies.

3 Likes

We’ll try it again someday.

I am no longer in need of quarantine, and the suitcase under this plane is full of my clay stash from WI, including slicers, an extruder, a cabachon mold, and an acrylic brayer. Should we try again in the next couple of weeks?