Polling Places and Wait Times

Drive a couple miles further and vote at the Parker City Hall. I’ll never vote at the college again if I don’t have to.

Really? When we went there was no line, easy going. What happened to you?

i talked to my mom on Wednesday, she said she had never seen that long of a line for early voting. She voted there.

Huh. Maybe it’s worse at certain times? Shay and I went about 2PM. You guys are making me want to start polling the wait indicators and logging them now lol.

1 Like

Nothing, but you have to park a million miles away and that’s an issue for one of us.

Oh yeah, they moved it this year to the new building. We noticed they moved from ~15 machines last election to ~40 machines in the new space. Shay and I had to park a little further out, but I can see that being an issue with a disability.

I did see something about drive up voting if you had a disability, but didn’t look into it too closely.

1 Like

I voted this afternoon around 2:30 at the AAC and was in and out in 10. It was great

3 Likes

Voted, no line.

1 Like

I felt like the luckiest/laziest voter out there. Went to North Lake Campus for Pokemon Community Day and realized A) they are open on weekends and B) no line. Was done in 10 minutes plus caught a shiny Charizard.

3 Likes

Friday was expected to be very busy. Went to Eastfield College. zero wait time.

1 Like

Very nice. Thanks for sharing this. My wait time is only 20 minutes.

Voted at the Senior Center in Flower Mound yesterday.

It is well staffed, with a lot of Social Distancing in the ballroom. There was NO WAIT!

2 Likes

Voted in Plano on Monday around noon - no wait - took <10min.

2 Likes

Arlington 25min wait time, social distancing was closer to 4 feet. Newer ballot boxes than last time i voted.

3 Likes

“Ballot boxes”?

No scanners for your ballot? I was directed to feed my ballot into a scanner, and I got a paper receipt.

I will be an Election Judge on Nov 3rd. If I see anything weird, it gets reported. If I see a fair process, I won’t object.

2 Likes

Thanks for volunteering to be an election judge.

Out of curiosity what kind of training do you you receive to decide what is a fair process in the election? By training I mean something from the city election officials as to what should occur on the day of the election not something along the Democrat or Republican party line. Can people just show up and declare elections unfair?

2 Likes

Yeah there was a scanner. Im not sure what to call them. These had touch screen, previous ones had the wheel to scroll through the choices.

1 Like

Election Judges are usually members of the Parties, but not always. The Parties send their Judges to work at the polls, and there is usually a balance there from each Party.

Here is a pretty good description from KUT:

1 Like

All the Dallas Community Colleges have polling stations on their campuses.

I went to Brookhaven College Oct 21.
NO WAIT. Extremely well organized, prepared and trained poll workers. Social distancing maintained, Hand sanitizer everywhere, and you have to use it when you first come in. You use a one-time use stylus to mark your ballot, and the stylus is disposed of afterwards.

Plenty Of FREE Parking right outside the building door. They Are Happy To Do Curbside Voting for anyone who is disabled, elderly, or can’t go inside because of strict quarantine, or other emotional, mental, or physical health issues. Brookhaven Has TWO Curbside Voting Machines.

Excellent Location to go vote. Very calm, spacious, and nice.

3 Likes

Dallas County - Fretz Park Library - Belt Line and Hillcrest

10/22/2020 6:15PM - No wait - Half the check-in agents were immediately available

Its in the library building - not the rec center. Park in west lot.

2 Likes