Poll: Should we stock both Letter and Legal size dye-sub paper?

Adam,

I just called that company. It it works I will perfect the process and share it.

1 Like

I avoid coating my own items, for the most part. It is really hard to be a smooth, consistent coating on thing. You also have to be careful when coating drinkware, and ensure that the coating you are using is FDA approved.

I have not seen a 30 oz. tumbler that will fit in a mug press. They are just too big. When I sublimate the tumblers that I buy, already coated, I have to use a silicon wrap, and an oven. In my case the oven is my 3D vacuum press, with no suction.

If the tumblers truly are stainless steel, then even the laser might not give to the results you want with out using something like Cermark on them. You might look into sand blasting. I know @mreynolds has done some really great graphics using the vinyl cutter and the sand blaster.

I did a couple with vinyl and the sand blaster. I guess I just need to learn more eye hand coordination. I made a couple but cleaning up the vinyl to get it right was a lot more work than I had anticipate. Well, I have 30 of them. Maybe I will change my company name to R6 till I give them all away. Thanks for your input. I should have done my due diligence before the purchase. Well, his company is happy…

There is a slim chance that they have a clear-coat on them that will accept dye sub inks. If you want to give it a try, I can bring my 3D vacuum press to the 'Space on Sunday, and we can give it a try.

That would be fantastic. What time?

I’m planning to be there from about 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

I should see you about 10. We usually go early on Sunday morning as it is very quiet then. I will try and bring some files to convert for the mugs. We might get lucky.
I really appreciate your support and help. The mugs were 5 bucks so I jumped on them. Cart before the horse, so to speak.

Hey, it’s worth a try. I’ve got some Ozark Trail can coolers to try. Some people on Facebook have said that the powder coat on them is dye sub accepting. We shall see.

Sorry to bump this but didn’t want to start a new thread.

I know that the max paper size without the extended tray is 11x17, which we stock. However, does anyone know if the printer can print to the very extreme edge of these pages? I want to buy some 11x14 blanks and am not sure if I can actually print out transfer to support a blank of this size.

The space’s printer isn’t equipped with the ‘extended tray’, right?

It now has a bypass tray the will handle up to 13" x 19" (technically it is 12.99" x 19"). It will NOT print all the way to the edge.

2 Likes

That’s awesome, thanks Cary. Do you know how wide the margins need to be on the width width dimension? Can it print, say, 11.125" so that I can accurately place it on an 11" wide blank without any accidental fall off?

edit: nice, actually, there are 18*12 blank sizes from Chromaluxe. If we could print onto those that would be awesome. Hopefully the margin needs of the printer are small enough to allow for this!

I use 1/4" margins, so you could print 12-1/2" x 18-1/2" transfers.

2 Likes

That’s awesome, thanks Cary. Is the space stocking larger paper than legal size now that we have the bypass tray?

We stock both Legal (8-1/2" x 14") and Tabloid (11" x 17") paper sizes. If you want something other than those two sizes then you will have to purchase it yourself.

1 Like