Policy about borrowing tools

What is the policy about borrowing tools for a quick project at home? I need a sawzall to cut a piece of 2x4 that is anchored to my wall.

Thanks,

Max T.

Removing any tool from the Space, is strictly forbidden.

5 Likes

https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Rules_and_Policies#Code_of_Conduct :

Rule #4:

4. Don't merely respect each other; be excellent to each other. We are all here to make things and learn. Collaboration is important.
  • When you break something, own up to it. If you have any doubt about fixing it, ask for help. Don’t make someone feel bad for breaking things, help them understand what went wrong.[1]
  • Clean, Maintain, Organize, Improve. Always leave the space better than you found it.[2]
  • Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Answer them kindly; eventually you’ll have to ask for help too.
  • Tools/resources must stay on the premises so that other members may use them.[3]

[3] Removing tools/resources from the space without authorization from an Officer or member of the Board of Directors is theft.

We typically only allow tools to leave the premises for DMS events such as 24 Hours of Lemons or Slingfest.

1 Like

I’ll loan you mine, though, if you want and don;t have any better options. I can leave it on a shelf and let you know where. You’d just have to replace the blade if you ruin it or use it up.

3 Likes

Thanks for the pointer. I read the rules and couldn’t find where this was located.

I added this to the main Tools page, near the top. Seemed like a logical place for people to find it.

1 Like