Please lets keep 3D fab clean, This is getting out of hand

Frequently I will see a post about someone who has been working on a project out in the shop and they have left the tool they were using out or they have left scraps of whatever they were working on out in a big mess on the table they were using and its a big deal, keep the workplace clean and all.
Well 3d fab is no different yet a good number of its users CONSTANTLY leave out tools, leave trash on the tables, or generally do not put up things after they are used. This includes leaving filament out of the drawers, tools on the tables, trash or support material leftovers out on the tables, and printers left running or open. This needs to stop!

Every morning when I come in I have to clean up the room, put stuff away, turn off printers that are still heated up and close printer doors

In Any other shop area this would be a big deal but its been ignored for far too long in 3D Fab, there are cameras in the room and we can see who is leaving the messes so please clean up after yourselves.

3 Likes

How about a “sign” reminder?

1. Please clean up your work area.
  2. I ain’t your Momma. Clean up.
  3. It is your #!@$%, clean it up.
  4. Etc

Rotate the sign so it does not become background noise.

via CloudMagic Email
[https://cloudmagic.com/k/d/mailapp?ct=pa&cv=8.6.37&pv=6.0.1&source=email_footer_2]

how about a sign with a picture of the perp that reads “don’t be like this person”

I still say that setting a few examples will solve a lot of our ‘issues…’

2 Likes

would we 3d print out the chair? IRONY!

If we are going this route, I always liked this scene from the office

1 Like