Please don't erase names in the queue >.<

Cool @StanSimmons I was going to volunteer if it needed picking up. Should lead to good outcomes.

3 Likes

I’ve started a Project Page on the Wiki.

Feel free to edit it, add proposed features, add yourself to the project, etc.

I’m making it a more generic Queue system since 3DFab has expressed interest in it as well.

5 Likes

@Perpetual has updated the backend portion of another project that now provides an API for RFID lookup.

I’ve posted a Python request example to the “RFID Machine Use Queue” wiki project page.

2 Likes

Nice. Thank you @Perpetual.

Odd. Google has not indexed that page. Is there a link to it from somewhere else in the wiki?

...requests.request("POST"...

I’m curious to know why POST instead of GET.

Sorry if I’m answering the wrong question, but it looks like you’re asking if there are other pages of the wiki linked to the “RFID Machine Use Queue” page on the wiki.
There’s a link on the left-hand menu, under “tools” that says “what links here”, and it will tell you what all links to the page you’re looking at. In this case, nothing else links to the page “RFID Machine Use Queue”. But I am likely misunderstanding this question.

Because Mike set the api up as a form. I suspect he could do a GET version, but this one is active today. :slight_smile:

Nope. You nailed it.

Ah, that explains Googlebot’s failure.

No no. I was just curious. As long as it does not cause problems, and it does not, as far as I’m concerned historical precedence is a good reason.

The only link is from the Projects page: https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Category:Projects

1 Like

The wiki was definitely indexed on Jan 31 but not earlier this week. So, it looks like I’m being impatient and Googlebot is being lazy.

Wow. Even Google won’t read our documentation. …

8 Likes

Off the top of my head, I can think of serveral reasons why he chose POST over GET.

GET appends the form contents onto the end of the form action URL as CGI parameters. This has several inherent limitations.

Advantages of POST:

• can accept file uploads as a multi-part post
  • does not store field data in the web server log files (a potential security issue)
  • submitted content can be of arbitrary length (not limited to browsers’ max URL length of 2-4KB)
  • submitting binary data (images, et al) is not subject to MIME-encoding issues with URLs

I’m still working on the Laser Queue setup, and I’ve got an important step on the way to the Laser Queue functioning. Please check it out in the thread below:

https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/voting-rights-please-dont-wait-until-the-last-minute-to-request-change-in-status/17836/22

1 Like

Is there an update on how this project is going? It’d be great to know that committee funds were spent wisely.