Please don't erase names in the queue >.<

I’m just saying don’t make this list kick people off because one showed up that people can’t use. That’s a good way to get people to ignore it.

2 Likes

Is there a way to respond to cancel your spot?

I like all these suggestions! I’m really not trying to be high-maintenance and I realize this is probably far more than Ebony @actionjackson anticipated (can you say “scope creep”?) :wink:

The reason I brought this up is because sometimes I can run my stuff on the Zing, but if I can only put my name in one queue, then I’m going to put it in the Thunder queue (cuts faster - costs me less). But if I’m willing to use Zing because it becomes available faster, then it benefits the next person(s) in the Thunder queue.

But I would be delighted to have just the simple notification!

1 Like

Not thru SMS (without spending money), but probably thru EMail, and definitely by walking up and swiping your RFID.

Great news!
https://www.google.com/search?q=cobol+raspberry+pi

5 Likes

LOL. That is fantastic.

Looking into coding the GUI and backend using python or use Electron framework. Will come to a final decision by Monday.

2 Likes

These are good ideas and will look over them after this weekend and give you guys a plan of what’s to be expected.

I plan to dedicate no more than two weeks of my time on this project. Hopefully this will come out well to where others can add on to it. If you have suggestions, please say so before this Tuesday (3/7). I can’t guarantee your feature will be added but expect at least @StanSimmons scope of the project. If you would like to help, let me know by next Tuesday.

2 Likes

That’s all you had to say :smile:

1 Like

The Zing is really nice for paper and other thin stock.

1 Like

Ok I’ve looked over my schedule and I won’t be able to dedicate time to this. I apologize I really wish I could help with this, but I really don’t have the time at the moment. @stansimmons thank for the opportunity.

So it looks like the requirements are:

• RFID scan to add to list
  • Select preferred laser(s) at check-in, with ‘First Available’ as an option
  • Notification
  • Done with Laser ‘Next’ Button
  • Timeout after notification

Stretch Goals:

• remote cancel
  • Chromecast integration

Should probably aim to make this generic enough for anything that needs a queue, reporting might be nice for committee.

2 Likes

Nice work there. I like sumarries.

You code? Not on my list of skills.

Yes, it is my day job.

2 Likes

Well I make decadent munchies. You code the thing and I’ll participate by feeding you the calories of your choice.

2 Likes

Here’s a list of merge fields from another thread:

https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/a-modest-proposal/18069/53

That list of merge fields only works with our billing system, WHMCS.

1 Like

@Bill is working on the software. Please contact him if you want to work on it too.

I’ve got the hardware all collected… RPi3, fancy case and RFID reader.

6 Likes

Hmmm. I would think they overlap. Oh well.

I hope everyone that’s interested in the project is allowed to work on it. I like do-ocracy, but I love collaboration.

I’m sure you really meant “able to work on it”. Stan’s post above:

clearly indicates that help from others is welcome.

8 Likes