Please don't erase names in the queue >.<

You have to be onsite and dial ext 1999 on any of the phones

1 Like

And then just yell into it because you can’t understand anything people say over it

4 Likes

So true! I can never understand anything over the PA in the workshop.

3 Likes

“Amanda Huggenkiss? I am looking for Amanda Huggenkiss?”

I understood it once…but I was in the same room with the person using it. So that might have helped a bit.

Can the giant flat screen in laser be used to show the “Queue” similar to what department stores (like Sears) uses for package pickup?

4 Likes

That is a great idea. Maybe have a Raspberry Pi with a touchscreen and a RFID reader to fill in the name/email/number fields.

6 Likes

Sounds fine to me. I like the idea

1 Like

The offender has already lawyered up?

Don’t you know that we already have the best internet lawyers that money cannot buy?

2 Likes

That sounds great! Outside my abilities, but I’ll make a nicer written version till someone else can create electronic. Would laser committee fund the parts?

1 Like

@patrickpleez1… İ believe this one is for you…

merissa, if you need or want another white board - i have one you can have.
And / or if you need something printed and laminated - for the project - I can do that as well.

3 Likes

Thanks Tom! I’m thinking of doing away with the white board altogether and having queue lists at each laser… Still working out the best way to do it. I might take you up on the printing and laminating though! Will let you know :slight_smile: :thumbsup:

2 Likes

my printer is limited to 44" on the short side.

I can laminate up to 40" x 60"

2 Likes

Is there a preferred / common reader used at DMS?

1 Like

EM4100 compatible 125KHz RFID.

I just got 5 or 6 usb readers given to me that I need to check for compatibility.

1 Like

4 of the readers were compatible with our cards/fobs.

@actionjackson (Ebony) has agreed to take a look at programming a RPi3 with a touch screen and an RFID reader for a Laser (and others) Queue.

The general idea is that you can walk up, swipe your RFID and it will fill out your name and contact info, a time stamp, and let you pick which laser queue you want. When the current person using any of the lasers gets nearly finished they will hit the “next” button and the system will send you an email and/or text to come use the laser. The plan is to also have the system create a web page that members can view showing how many people are in queue for the lasers. I hope we can also create a jpg/png graphic of the queue and periodically upload it to the Chromecast on the big screen above the lasers.

If you have any suggestions for the queue, please respond in this thread. It will likely be a couple of weeks before Ebony can start on the Laser Queue Project.

13 Likes

That sounds awesome.