Please don't erase names in the queue >.<

No and people absolutely shouldn’t go doing it willy nilly.

There was no reason to take the very delicate lens out of the holder.

4 Likes

The queues are tools to help members coordinate with one another and be excellent. The laser queue isn’t used often that I’ve seen and it’s not mentioned in anywhere that I can find (rules, class, etc.). However…

Maybe it’s time to make these queue things more official. They look kind of crappy and unorganized.

11 Likes

I suggest we take the CO2 tube out of the Lazersaur and make it a manual cutting tool.

Excuse me while I laser the far wall and everything between here and there.

:wavy_dash::wavy_dash::wavy_dash::wavy_dash::wavy_dash::wavy_dash::anger: :runner:

4 Likes

I think we all know that the only real reason to take and aim a laser where it’s not supposed to be, is in order to fill your professor’s house with popcorn.

7 Likes

We used a military grade laser to make jiffy pop popcorn in your living room. Ignore the $30,000 structural damage and the fire is not a big deal either. Eyesight, you do not need it…

Riiiight.

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​

The queue was covered in the class when I took it and even on my first introduction to the Space back in July on the tour.

3 Likes

The good news is that the several dozen who have taken the class recently know about the queue. The bad news is that the several hundred who took it before then don’t know about the queue.

1 Like

I took the class several months ago, probably last June, and the queue was mentioned. It was mentioned the first time I took the class as well, before we had the Thunder and only had the multispectrum laser and the Lasersaur as well. That was well over a year ago.

1 Like

It has been mentioned all three times I have taken the class. Including shortly after I joined in 2015… Not to mention the big sign with the word ‘Queue’ is pretty obvious and shouldn’t require explanation for anyone with even a little grey matter between their ears…

But even more importantly, according to the OP, the offender, erased her from the queue, which is a pretty clear indication they understood what the queue is. I really wish the soft hearted among us would stop making excuses for the offenders. If these folks got held accountable for their acts, we would have fewer problems…

4 Likes

This is true but will never happen, break the rules, steal, be a “dick” etc.
Why bother with the money spent on cameras and recording if nothing real is done…

Only in America can you hire a lawyer to blame society for your faulty/criminal actions and never be held accountable.

I’m still waiting to see a public post about and showing the guy leaving a CRT on the freebie shelf.

1 Like

Well you could request access to the appropriate camera and review the footage yourself to identify the culprit…

Or send an email to infrastructure asking for the picture. I have yet to see a request. The CRT thing is a moot point anyway. The CRT in question has been removed from the shelf as of last night.

Hard thing about queues is if you put your name down and the guy in front finishes and no one tells you, then another guy comes up and see’s no one at the tool I’d think the name was old. I’d say date/time it just to be safe or even a note if you aren’t going to be near it but I could totally see it being an honest mistake.

P.S. I was taught about the Queue at the recent laser class

P.P.S. Wasn’t me…

2 Likes

From this comment I can’t tell whether or not you’re aware that the queue is on a large dry erase board in the laser area. Kris said she put her name and phone number in the queue list, no additional note should be necessary. And the guilty party knowingly disobeyed the system if they saw and erased her name without the courtesy of a call or text to let her know it was her turn.

Kris if I were you and I knew who did it I’d file a complaint to the committee chair about unexcellent behavior. There’s enough bad behavior around the space that we can’t correct because we dont know who did it. For these where the party is known their actions deserve repercussions… at least a warning or losing laser privileges for a week or something.

If unexcellent behavior isn’t dealt with it may just get worse.

4 Likes

Totally agree with this. @patrickpleez1 mind if I doocracy up a nicer/more obvious and official looking queue to go along with the stuff I already messaged you about?

2 Likes

That’d be dope. The current one isn’t very functional, especially with the tiny boxes to write in.

2 Likes

I had asked the folks in front of me to call as well so really they dropped that ball as well. But yes, I’ll make sure I add the date and time next go round as that is an excellent point.

2 Likes

A reminder that we have an in-house PA system…using it to announce to next person in queue that they are up or on deck seems an obvious use for it.

4 Likes

Really? How do you use it?