Please add this to Woodshop Basics

There’s a loading bay? I carried my plywood through the front doors!

But they were manageable this time.

1 Like

Yes around back. If you go out the back man door, you can have an idea of where to pull in. Just please be sure to unload as quickly as possible to keep the roll up door closed. Electricity is one of our major monthly expenses.

2 Likes

@Sharic2255 LOL!! how deep did you look to find a 2 year old thread?

And yes, easier thru the rear garage entry, lol.

1 Like

Hey now.
I’ll encourage necro-bumping EVERY DAY if it means folks are actually reading this awesome archive of information and experience…
:+1: to Shannon. Good work!

6 Likes

And also – after loading/unloading, please leave any carts or such used for moving stuff outside of the Automotive area, in a Logistics area or such.

Goes the other way for Automotive too, but that’s a separate thread, of course… been frustrated at how many random material-moving stuffs are left where they make ingress/egress of vehicles harder than it needs to be when they should be kept by the loading gantry, or by storage, or otherwise specifically taped-off areas, and the only thing stopping me from complaining is that I’d also regularly see Auto stuff hanging out outside their designated areas and just chilling in, for example, the taped-off pathway running alongside Laser and back to the storage area, meant for the primary purpose of transporting stuff through the workshop (and not Auto storage, just like the Auto area isn’t meant for leaving stuff used to transport materials - no matter how close to the shelves you get it, if it’s on the Auto side of the shelves it’s in the wrong place).

1 Like

Umm. Have you tried to use “search” on TALK? The first stuff that comes up is usually the oldest. I’ve read many a necrothread while trying to find a thread I saw two days ago.
#TALKsearchsucks

4 Likes

“Sort by” may help here…

2 Likes