Plastic Bender - location?

I know we have (had?) a plastic bender (i.e., heater for bending acrylic) 'cuz I used it once. It used to be stored on the shelves near the lasers. Does anyone know where it is?

Full disclosure: I haven’t been at the space to look for it. I’m just getting prepared for a possible project.

Do not know… but when I did my bending of plastics for making reinforcements for my Blackwater 100 pinball’s cracked plastic pieces I used a heat gun and a variety of props that were the right size/shape and arc for getting the plastic pieces shaped right.

It took a lot of patience. :slight_smile:

Any insights on this, @jlcourtman?

Last i saw of it, it was underneath Thunder. Not sure if its still there

1 Like

What he said, Marshall :)…

1 Like

There are two different acrylic benders… One is on the top shelf under the laser work table and one is under the Thunder. The one under the Thunder I think needs some attention though, and Coul asked about working on it. @Coul do you know if it’s functional?

2 Likes

The large acrylic bender needs to be rebuilt as it was initially built using MDF and has fallen apart.

If anyone is interested in helping with the rebuild, let me know

uh oh, did it fall apart, yeah that was my throw together project i threw together a few years ago. I have some of the wire left if it needs to be restrung etc. @Coul let me know when you rebuild and i’ll help you out.

2 Likes

Last I saw some of the fasteners pulled out of the wood.

okie dokie, i’ll have a look next time im there.