PlasmaCAM trainers wanted

Yes, sorry I wasn’t clear.

1 Like

I think we were wanting to get several (4 or more) instructors willing to teach one class once a month or so, which at 4 people works out to one class a week.

@zmetzing likes Thursday nights. @Adam_Oas likes Tuesday nights, I think. @TBJK usually teaches a weekend day (Sundays, i think?), and I like Monday nights. We haven’t really coordinated weeks of the month, to try to have one each week. I assume you cannot do, but I know some DayMaker classes would be much appreciated, too.

I have settled on, roughly, every other Monday night. I’ll continue that until:

• classes stop “selling out”
  • another instructor presents a good reason not to do that
  • I get sick of it

As far as I know, all classes we’ve offered to date have “sold out” at 6 people per session (and you REALLY can’t do everything that needs done with more people than that, in my opinion). I figure to drop back to 1x/mo (on Monday nights) once they stop selling out. I’m fairly open to any week in the month, if anyone wants to negotiate on that.

So, I say for now, just pick your night, schedule it, and see how it fits. If you post it here, or PM it, that will help make sure 2 instructors don’t try to teach on the same night. Otherwise, I think demand right now is high enough, it really doesn’t matter when you choose.

2 Likes

Just let me know what night you’d like to do it and I’d be glad to sit in and talk only when asked. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@careyritchey are you still interested in becoming a PlasmaCAM trainer?

I need to pick a day and schedule a class.

I’d also like to get the default situation addressed. Who has administrator rights on that machine?

To be honest I’m thinking maybe @Draco. I believe he did the install of Doz on it.

That’s awesome. Can’t wait to take the class today

I would be willing to help please let me know what i need to do

3 Likes

Have you taken the PlasmaCAM class? If not, do that 1st, then shadow an instructor when teaching the class, and finally, teach one of your own with another instructor available to help when needed. Easy!

Thank you very much for volunteering. We need instructors!

3 Likes

I’m going to try and shadow the April 17th class, and I’ll see if its something I can teach. I’ve taken the course and used the machine on my own.

3 Likes

Next class by me will be April 22. Should show up on the calendar in the next 72hrs

1 Like

I’ll be out of town on the 22nd

A post was merged into an existing topic: ISSUE: Problems with logging into calendar

I attended the April 17th class to shadow the instructor. Expect a class later this month.

IIRC, there was another potential instructor in the class that’ll be teaching also.

2 Likes

Welcome aboard, Paul!
Was a pleasure having you in the class (again)! And you got to witness first-hand some of the fun things that can go wrong in a class setting!

If you want a “ride along”, just ask. I’m sure I, Tim (@TBJK) , or Zach (@zmetzing) (or Adam (@Adam_Oas) , but he’s super-busy with PR stuff, now!) will be happy to wingman if we’re available.

2 Likes

@Team_Metal_Shop you guys grab hold of @Jeremy_Luna and don’t let go. This man would be a huge asset to the metal shop. I know he mentioned to me about wanting to teach welding as well as the PlasmaCAM. He’s fantastic!

2 Likes

I have been trying to get signed up for PlasmaCam training for months with no luck. Is there some sort of waiting list? What do I have to do to get trained on this machinery? I am a sculpture artist and this would benefit my art greatly. This could seriously change my life. Someone please help me.

I will be posting a class shortly for Tuesday the 27th at 7pm I’ll post on here when I submit the class and then just keep checking the events calendar for it.

1 Like

On of the requirements for teaching is to sit through a second class. Registration is not required just contact the instructor. @jast has requested a class on Sep 28. I have requested one on Sep 6 and another for Sep 11.

1 Like

I’m game. Just became a trainer on the Large Format Printer along with my sweety Angela. We are both interested in helping out. I am in the moving industry and my job is fixing to get easier and give me more time. Just contact me any time.

1 Like