PLASMACAM Help pretty please

Hi, I am a new member who works as a freelance fabricator and I really need the plasma cam machine for an upcoming project. Would anyone already certified on the machine be willing to help me cut out parts, this job needs to be done sooner than I can take the class. I can compensate you for your time. Thanks,
Andrew

Just remembered this.
Trent might be up for it…

You can get parts cut at different companies too. In Allen at All Metals Fabricatiing. In north Ft.Worth, Discount Steel. Another in Plano that does water jet as well.

I’m sure there are many more and as a freelance fabricator, you may know them.

Send them your dxf files with specs and they will cut out in plasma or laser fairly fast.

Thanks for the shout out @jast, I’m in Morroco and Rome on a 2 week honeymoon. We have wifi here and there. One water jet place I talked to about a bigger job had a $250 min. I’ll be back Nov 5th

1 Like

Any fab shop will charge me an astronomical price compared to what it would cost for me to compensate a fellow maker for their time+machine costs…btw what are the machine costs?

None per minute. Bring your own consumables for best results. (About $50 will get you started)

You might be surprised at the costs for cutting time. It’s all relative to what you need done and, being a freelance fabricator, what you are selling your product(s) for? For instance, any cost to help fabricate a product is baked into your price you are selling to your customer.

If it’s a single trinket for $10 then it won’t. But if it’s 100 x $10 trinkets that can be cutout for a $1 a trinket, then maybe it does.

Cal Discount Steel and ask for a quote on cutting time. You can cut with plasma, laser or flame bed there.

1 Like

Shhhhh …never speak of this again…you might give “them” ideas. :sunglasses:

2 Likes