Plasmacam and welder needed

I want to build a large shredder to recycle our failed 3d prints. I found an open source one with free dxf files. Would anyone be interested in helping build this if the committee approves?00_shredder overview.pdf (152.4 KB)
07330852ececdb57bbe072890e70680e196448bd_1_500x500

1 Like

https://preciousplastic.com/ Is the website for those interested.

1 Like

That’s really not a bad idea. Any grant writers in the group? This could possible be a community assistance project that the city could get behind as part of their “Green Initiative”.

Carrollton already has a recycling program but not many of us really see any results of it other than the recycles get picked up with the trash. Does it get put in the land fill right beside the trash?

While you’ll never get everyone to come by and drop off a load of plastic bottle I believe enough would to make it profitable for both the city and the Space. Then you add in the benefit of being able to Buy something that would have added to the land fill, conversation piece if not useful too…

1 Like

I totally agree besides recycling our own plastic we could bring a lot of advertising towards the space. The only other precious plastic host in Texas is in Houston. For $200 it not a bad deal, and we already have a 3d printer filament extruder.