Planing Assistance Request

Burt-
I need some help planing a similar table on the CNC, would you be the person who could help me figure out how?
-James

James, it helps if you send out the Burt signal!

6kr4bq

5 Likes

It helps even more if you tag him :wink:

@SWA

3 Likes

During daylight hours the Burt Signal is hard to see.
@SWA

2 Likes

@James_Dorsett

Maybe. This project was @mdredmond adding just a single letter to a cutting board sized item created by @Sandra_Hill. The person that has recently done the most with table tops with and without epoxy is @got_tools. He is finalizing the Woodpecker flattening setup for this purpose. This new machine is made for tis task and will only require moderate training.

Tell everyone more about what you are doing and how slab flattening comes into play. Do you have the slab? What species, size, and what is its current moisture percentage? Are you planning on doing epoxy and do you have a lot of experience with epoxy? Heck, attach a picture and you idea as to how you plan to lay it out. Any inlay work? Bowties to arrest checks, etc.

One of the unwritten rules at DMS is that we try to help as many members as possible learn from other member’s projects.

@Team_Moderators - If James decides to share his project details, could this thread be split leaving Sandra’s project in this one? Thanks

1 Like

Sure, but James can do that without us by clicking the “Reply as Linked Topic” button when responding:

1 Like

See, we are already learning more. I didn’t realize that option existed. As a new member I bet didn’t either.

Thanks, just hoping to keep discussions in orderly threads.

I apologize, this is my first time using this forum. Yes I do have a current piece that I need planed, epoxy river table with mesquite, and accidentally glued some thin plywood to the surface doing another project. Very dry as it was dry before I started and been messing with it for a year or so.
I asked because I have a project for a client who took some wafer cuts off of a tree she had removed from her property that should be approaching the useable moisture context. I believe it’s an oak, and she wants to smaller end/coffee size tables with epoxy poured in the voids.
I can start a new thread if that’s the best thing to do in this case.
Thanks-

James

It might be best to cleave this thread back at your first post so people can keep up. @jast showed how above. We can move forward afterwards. Give it a decent title so members will understand what it is about.

Do you have. Picture of what your working on?