Places to buy 3d printer ink

Can anyone shoot me some good links or places to buy 3d printer ink to use in the lab?

Welp

I hear people buy filament at Micro Center.

3 Likes

I’ve bought all of my filament at Micro Center. They generally have a good selection of colors, but sometimes you have to look closely to make sure you get the material you want. The PLA and ABS get all mixed together on the shelves.

Any size i need? Or will any do?

Yes.

No.

The material has to be ABS. The diameter has to be 1.75mm. (I assume you are talking about the PolyPrinters.)

Which does raise a question: Have you taken a basics class for the 3D printers?

3 Likes

The wiki lists approved material types and recommends 1.75mm.

https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/3D_Fabrication_Committee#Syllabus

EDIT: When you read it carefully, you will see that @Brian is correct in that only ABS is allowed for the six Polyprinters.

If you haven’t taken 3Dprinter training, you can take it online. Go to the 3D Fab Committee page, which contains a lot of pertinent information including the link to the online training.

1 Like

This is all stuff that is covered in the 3D Printing class…

I don’t find a “Steve Johnson” on our 3D Printer training list, or even on our membership rolls. You must be a member, and you must have taken the class to use our 3D Printers.

1 Like

It depends on what kind of ink you like to print with.
If I want something temporary I use dry-erase ink in the printer.
If I want something that will last for at least a year, I use permanent ink in the printers.
Amazon has some great deals on 3D printer ink.
Just do a search for “3d printer ink” on Amazon.
Good Luck!
/s

3 Likes

From https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/u/Steve_Johnson …

Joined Jul 1, '15

I suspect Steve Johnson has been lurking and recently decided to join our motley crew with a penchant for some 3D printing.

An account on talk.dallasmakerspace.org not = DMS member (i.e. an account in billing system). Anyone (almost) can sign up for an account n Talk