PLA and Ninjaflex

Hi,
I was in the lab Friday and saw lots of orange ABS reals but could not find PLA and Ninjaflex. Are they in the locked cabinets?
Thanks
Sean

They are in the plastic bin in one of the cabinets, they shouldn’t be locked. The ninjaflex might have absorbed moisture by now but just make sure you set the correct profile in kisslicer and purge the nozzle after.

Thanks
Sean

Mitch. I know you’re a 3d Printer expert. If I own an Ender 3 Pro and it says it will print ABS, PLA and PETG can it also print Ninja Flex? It seems to me it would and I’ve got a number of verifications from the web, but I thought I’d just throw the question out there.

It can but ninjaflex is one of the most flexible TPU’s, it helps to upgrade the extruder with the EZR (my printer at home has one) and capricorn tubes with tighter tolerance. Here’s a good video about it:

1 Like

Printers with Bowden Tubes (where the extruder is a fair distance from the print head and connected by a plastic tube) generally have more problems with Ninjaflex because it’s like trying to push a piece of cooked spaghetti through a long straw.

2 Likes

Did you succeed with the Ninjaflex? I’d like to try some also and wondered about your success.

I have not tried Ninja flex, yet.

1 Like

What would you think about drying the filament? It certainly sounds simple.

Follow the same procedures described in this article to dry your flexible filaments: 135° F for six hours in a conventional oven, then turn it off and let the oven cool back to room temperature.

(Source)

1 Like

I wouldn’t but 3D fab could probably get a food dehydrator to do it.

Maybe we need to build a mini-sauna at the Makerspace in which everyone could store their filament?

Not sure about Ninjaflex but I have an Ender 3 Pro and it prints this tpu fine

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074DV5DJD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_0WWK87Y56FNGJH48STQ1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

On my second roll now and I have had very few issues

I’ve used a diver’s dry bag with reusable desiccant packs to hold PLA when not being used.

4 Likes