Pinball transportation

I bought a gottlieb pinball machine and I am wondering what the best method of transportation would be. I have a utility trailer that I was going to strap it to but was wondering if I should try to remove the legs or back glass.

Thanks

Em or solid state ? Yes always remove the legs.

It is from the 70’s abracadabra, I don’t know which type

I always fold the head down and take of the legs and slide it in the back of my expedition. I usually move them by my self with a dolly

Usually for EM’s… remove legs, remove head, strap everything down and wrap with moving blankets.

You don’t have to remove the glass from the head or cabinet. But do remove the ball if you plan to tilt the game vertically/use a 2-wheel dolly.

I always remove the ball so it does not go flying around wrecking plastics and drop targets if get gets loose while being moved. I speak from experience on this… :slight_smile:

As said before, unplug jones plugs in head and remove, remove legs and transport in pieces. Typically all you need is a 5/8 amd 9/16 wrench for the leg and head bolts. If the back door is locked and you do not have the key you will need to drill out the lock core or pop the back door with a screwdriver while being careful to not damage the cabinet.

Abra-Ca-Dabra is a really fun game. I have one but mine is down awaiting major playfield restoration since every insert is completely loose and will fall out easily if tipped up. If your backglass has major issues and you want another, Webb did a run of backglasses about two years ago. Reproduction plastics sets are available too from a company in Australia. I plan to order one full set and two of the partial sets that cover the most commonly broken plastics in that game.