Pinball Arcade dropping >60 titles

Potentially relevant to VECTOR’s interests:

If you're a fan of the Bally/Williams' golden age of pinball machines, you might want to act fast to secure some great emulated facsimiles of some of the era's best tables. The Pinball Arcade has announced that the license holder for 61 Bally/Midway titles that make up the heart of the collection has declined to renew its contract. After June 30, you will no longer be able to buy those tables inside the game, though existing owners will continue to be able to play the tables, and they will still receive support, meaning there's no reason not to grab the ones you want before they're gone.
3 Likes

I am bummed about the license not being renewed. I own nearly all of the tables that has been released for The Pinball Arcade. They are really well done and pretty accurate as a virtual pinball goes. Great for learning the game rules on many of the newer games with deep rule sets.

I personally know the owner and many of the programmers, artists and developers who work at Farsight Studios. Several tables that have been made were from input I had given them when they first came to the Texas Pinball Festival 5-6 years ago.

The loss of the Bally Midway Williams license is not game over for The Pinball Arcade. They have secured licenses for other games and will continue to develop more tables.

I am glad I physically own or have access to so many of the real tables that will no longer be available in the game. I also plan on buying any remaining tables I don’t already have so I will have them on my iPad even after they stop selling the tables.

3 Likes