Picture Frame classes

It would be “nice” to have the folks that want to frame things Christmas gifts “go first” vs others that just want to frame.

This can be an ongoing gig as well.

I already have a few DMS members that come up and cut their own mats etc for their personal collections.

1 Like

I’m interested

I too am interested, Picture frames are what got me started being interested, I thought it was simple. BOY was I wrong. Cutting that perfect 45 is tougher than I figured, would love to learn do it right.

Mark H

Fully understood, I am in no hurry and don’t have a gift needing framing, so I’ll get in on a later class.

I’m interested too.

I’m interested!

I too am interested. and I have a project for it!!!
thank you

Chiming in as interested. In DMS or at your shop are both fine options for me. I’m in no hurry, so by all means let the Christmas makers go first.

I was in one of the first butterfly classes and our frames were pre-assembled by the instructors as they hadn’t added that part to the curriculum yet, and I’m particularly interested in how to make more shadowboxes that match the style and finish of those butterfly boxes (and maybe a few varying sizes) for a gallery wall in my home.

You know I’m in

Hey Tom, I am not in a hurry for Christmas. So far looks like 13 people have shown interest in this thread (sorry if I counted wrong). How many can be accommodated per session and how many sessions would you like to give us?
Thanks again!

This is a shadowbox I did a few years ago for a christening gown - more time consuming and more details plus an embroidered poem, but the same basic idea as the butterfly boxes.

2 Likes

I am interested for Christmas

Due to the time of year for the folks that want to frame things as gifts, I’d prefer to make it more of a “come to my store for a few nights of do it yourself framing events” vs how to make the frame / shadow box etc at a later date.

Where is your store? Also what hours/days are best for you?

In Flower Mound / Lewisville 14.1 miles north of the space door to door via i35.

I prefer evenings during the week other than weds
Sundays are a possibility as well depending on my schedule.

1 Like

Do you have a vacuum press to dry mount something to foam core?

Yes,

heated 40x60

2 Likes