Piano is gone - can't figure out how to delete this post

Hello Dallas Makers!

I have an antique baby grand piano that I cannot find a new home for. I have been trying to rehome/donate it for over a year but no one seems to want this old baby grand piano. As I am moving into a small small place, it can’t go with me.

Rather than see it go off to the landfill, I would love to give it to a local Maker or Makers that could use it’s fantastic antique parts to create new lovely things.

Sadly, the ivory keys were removed and replaced by a piano tuner in the 1980s.

The piano is currently intact and functional, located in a single story home in Richardson. It is close to 100 years old, has always been in my family, it plays just fine, but could use a good cleaning and tuning if anyone here would like a functioning piano (a girl can hope, right?)

If there are any Makers that would be interested in some or all of this piano, please send me a message!

I can send photos if that would help you decide.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hello. My fam had a nice signed Steinway baby grand that we had to do something with when my mom passed. Too hard to sell at a reasonable price, so we eventually found a communiyt college music program willing to accept it as a donation where they covered the shipping and estate got the write-off. Have you tried contacting the various area colleges and university music programs? Even some of the major high schools might be willing to accept?

Best of luck…

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply… sadly, my antique baby grand is a few steps below a signed Steinway and no one has been at all interested in taking it. So glad you were able to find a good home for your piano.

1 Like

Hi! I’m interested! Could you send pictures and dimensions?

1 Like

Piano is basically 5 ft long x 5 ft wide x 4 ft tall. If you would like more / better photos, let me know! The site will only let me upload one photo at a time.

Oh my I have the very same piano sitting behind me in my office.

Always hoped someone would want it for restoration Gulbransen Walnut Baby Grand Piano - Antique Piano Shop

I know what you mean… I saw that same post earlier this year on Antique Piano Shop and it got my hopes up that someone would want mine to restore.

Not mine, but certainly a fantastic creative use.

3 Likes

That is wonderful! Thank you for sharing!

1 Like