Physics classes - Interest? Days/times?

Hey all, I was thinking of offering a couple of physics classes in the next month or so. My schedule is pretty open right now (I just graduated with my PhD in physics from UTD), so I could do this most days or times. If anyone is especially interested in these topics and wants to me to set them up at a particular day or time, let me know!

The topics I’m thinking of discussing are:

1. The history of special relativity. I won’t focus too much on the equations, but rather on the thought experiments, the experimental evidence, and related ideas that led up to special relativity.
  2. What is the Schrodinger equation? A brief introduction to quantum mechanics. This will involve some math, but I will try to explain every equation and every variable I mention. I might also get a little into the history.
4 Likes

Hi there fellow Physics PhD and UTD alumnus,
Congratulations on your PhD! Please let the Science Committee @Team_Science know anything we can do to help you with your classes or other interests at the space. Please stop by our Committee Meeting this Sunday at 2 if you have the time.
Best,
the NightRanger

3 Likes

Well hello! Thanks for the support! I’ll keep in touch and let Science know if I have any questions. Not sure if I can make it this Sunday but I’ll try.

1 Like

Hi, I’d be interested in a physics class. Let me know what kind of time frame you were looking to host the class. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds great! Evenings (7 or later) usually work pretty well for me, but I can always try to move things around. I guess it depends on how long you imagine the classes will take.

Thanks!

1 Like

I’m personally interested in classes pertaining to light/radiation in the sub-radio bands. Pretty much everything from infrared and shorter. Is that something you can teach?