Photoshop and Illustrator Classes: Any specifics you want to accomplish?

Hey guys! Looking to get photoshop and illustrator classes out together. Wanted to check what specifically people interested in either program would want to accomplish so I can try to work those in to an overview class or a specific project based class.

If you would include whether you’re a beginner or already familiar would be helpful.

3 Likes

I would take that if possible. Beginner level for me. I think maybe the more practical options would be how to touch up photos for use on an etsy type store, or creating laser files.

1 Like

Beginner for me as well. More in the line of laser-able files.

3 Likes

Beginner for me, Photoshop.

1 Like

Ultra beginner. Interested in everything!
Plus how to change up (scale, positioning and more) items for collage

1 Like

Same as everyone else, beginner, would love help with photos and design files for laser

1 Like

Going to get a class for creating images appropriate for laser set up for next week.

Let me know if there are dates and times that work best for you and I’ll try to make it work for as many as I can.

3 Likes

Illustrator to trace drawings in raster into vector. I’m a beginner.

1 Like

“Using Photoshop to Edit Images for Laser” class is up for next Saturday. Another one for 4/15 should also be up in a couple of days.
https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/19475

2 Likes

From the class description, it sounds like you’re using Photoshop for images for raster engraving. It looks like you are not addressing vectors for cutting. Did I interpret this correctly?

Correct. Photoshop is not ideal for creating, editing, or exporting vectors. If you’re interested in using vectors for the laser, I would recommend Illustrator.

I plan on doing Illustrator classes as well, so I can do one with the same focus on lasers.

2 Likes

I may take you up on that. I prefer the dimensioning I can get with Photoshop’s vector handler so I cut/paste vectors between the two of them frequently. If you can work me through the nuances of dimensioned vectors in Illustrator I might be a convert.

1 Like

Sounds good. I’m going to mess around with vectors and the lasers a bit so I’ll be able to better address those concerns. Sometimes it’s the communication between programs that gets weird.

1 Like

Interested, beginner here as well.

I have Photoshop and Lightroom and a big ass printer that really needs to be used more.

2 Likes

The classes I’m doing next Saturday and on the 15th will cover a lot of information on Photoshop that would apply to general photo editing if you’re able to come to those. Do you have a specific type of editing you’re wanting to do? I might be able to make a class more specific to what you’re after.

I have been thinking about creating a collage effect or diorama (nothing super refined) that I can print on what is essentially an indoor “wrap” material for my garage and workshop.

Like a scenic vehicle wrap but for indoor use on a relatively flat surface.

Okay cool, I’m familiar with the idea. Have you already started to source images?

Yes, a few, never enough it seems…my printer must have heard me-two more 700ml ink tanks ordered.

1 Like