Photo post processing software

I’m using Lightroom for post processing, do y’all know if we have any other software at DMS for post processing… beside adobe products? Btw, photography SIG has a closed group FB page if you are interested. https://www.facebook.com/groups/MakersofPhotos/

I tried to kick the Lightroom/Photoshop habit with RAW Therapee and The Gimp (at home). They’re workable if you don’t mind re-learning everything. And they’re free, so there’s that.

My Mom uses whatever comes with her Mac (Photos?) to process RAW files.

Other options: MAC: Macphun Luminar; cross-platform: Capture One Pro. Also Dark Table but I’m not sure what platforms it works on.

Since pretty much every “tip” I see is a Lightroom tip, I just went back to using that. With a .edu e-mail you can get a student/educator discount. And if you buy the solution during Black Friday week you can get a bigger discount.

I know… LR/PS is definitely everywhere. I read really good things about Capture One… just need to find it a the ‘right’ price.

I really wish RAW Therapee / GiMP worked for you. I use both, and I’m not thrilled with them, either (other than price).

A big part of the frustration is that I don’t work-up images often enough to justify LR/PS. And, yet, when I do sit down to work on one, the ‘free’ solution feels very cumbersome if not outright confusing.

2 Likes

I use Adobe Raw in bridge usually, but if you are using Canon products, their proprietary raw processing tool is actually pretty good and free.

1 Like