People not paying for laser usage

Hello guys…
Since we only have 1 laser working, I have been waiting for people to finish their work between 30 mins to 1 hour… the thing is that some people leave without paying and I don’t feel comfortable reminding them… is there a way we can put signs to remind people to pay… we definitely need to funds to fix the 2 other lasers and maintain the one last standing.

Thanks

2 Likes

It’s possible that people pay using the online link after they have tallied up their totals; especially if they have a long list of times.

3 Likes

If you’re concerned about people not paying for laser usage send a director or officer or the laser chair a message with the day and time. We can find out if they paid with the PayPal link.

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

It is definitely possible, or they can forget (I have forgotten and then paid the next time)… that is why maybe some signs will help :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think it would be nice if there was a logoff script running so when you log off the computer it would put up a flash screen reminding to pay.

6 Likes

I don’t think Laser usage has been actively monitored for paying compliance in quite a while. Back in 2018-2020, we were bringing in enough money from laser usage fees for the Laser Committee to be fully self-funded. When a laser went down, if necessary, 1 or 2 new lasers were ordered. Then we got the new Epilog. Things were humming along pretty well. We even had user login monitors on each machine, which I believe have since been removed, or are no longer working/maintained.

Currently, the Lasers (and the Laser area in general) are in need of some serious oversight and governance.

1 Like