Pen assembly press

I broke it and I’m sorry!!!

It seems like some nuts and bolts will fix it. I don’t know exactly where to look/ how to fix it.

2 Likes

Tagging @Team_Woodshop

2 Likes

The rivets’ clinched heads popped off. This can be fixed with two small bolts and nylock nuts.

1 Like

Probably have to make a trip to Westlake Ace Hardware for the necessary parts

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know. I tried to use it yesterday, and it was really hard to close it. I’m not surprised it broke, but I do hope someone can fix it who knows what to do.

We need a new one. And newer versions also help with disassembly. The cost is low. And this tool is very popular.

I’ll try to look for a link @shoottx

3 Likes

I found some loose hardware to get it working again - The shaft and collar assembly had tons of gunk in there and probably contributed to the pressure on the assembly. FWIW the U shaped connector between the lever and the shaft was pretty out of shape from being forced so I tapped it back in to shape. I think a new connector is probably in order if we want to keep this as a backup - Metal was pretty fatigued.

1 Like

Some come up with the suggestion for an additional press, we’ll add it to the purchasing backlog

1 Like

I think someone mentioned a press that can also disassemble pens. That would be very helpful.

I’d also like to see if we can get a replacement Jacobs chuck with an MT2 Morse Taper, and there’s a type of pen jaws from PSI that fits the Jet and can eliminate the need to deal with the wonky setup we have for the drill press. I’ll find it and post it.

@shoottx
I have not used this pen press, but it has great reviews. Also can be used for disassembly:

1 Like

Better yet - We also need a new centering drilling vise. The combo of the pen and vise is discounted.

2 Likes

@shoottx … This is the one discussed a while back.

1 Like