Parts left in HAAS?

I came up here today and noticed someone has the HAAS PC on, raw stock loaded into the HAAS vise, and a backpack and a few other things but the HAAS isn’t on. I’m not looking to get anyone in trouble but I’m wondering who’s using it and how long they need it for? I was hoping to start a long job today and I just need to know how long I’ll have to wait so I can decide to go home or not.

Thanks!

Start your job, take their stuff out. They need to leave a note or come back in a reasonable time. Just walking away and not using the Haasis not reasonable.

What says The Chris @Chris_Wischkowsky

1 Like

Sounds good. I’ll do that

@Photomancer we need some new 1/2" and 1/4" roughing mills. We have plenty of finishing mills but not any roughing from my search through the cabinet. The 1/2" roughing that’s currently in the HAAS has some pretty damaged surfaces near the end.

Unless I’m just missing the spot where they’re stored

The Haas mills are kept separate from the Bridgeport. You’ll need to get with Haas team I don’t know what cutters they are stocking as their base cutters. @Chris_Wischkowsky @nicksilva will be able to answer that.

We don’t stock all cutter sizes and types. I’d need to know what specific cutter.

1 Like

most of the cutters are 3-4 flute endmills. We don’t stock specific roughing endmills.
It has been reported that the 1/2 rough is damaged and will need to be replaced. In the meantime a 3 flute will work.

1 Like

removing the left project is the right thing to do. I think we all know who left it and should know better.

The guy who left the project showed up and finished his job so we got it figured out.

4 Likes

I’m happy to hear that. cooperation is best, but in the end proper etiquette prevails (or there are consequences). cheers!