Parts for Troy-Bilt mower?

Not quite sure where to ask this. (mods, feel free to move if needed :))
I have a Troy-Bilt mower that is leaking out of the primer bulb, and I can’t find the replacement part or even a good source.

Here’s the mower. Any help would be appreciated!

Have you tried the Mower medic over by the space? Ive bought parts from them before. You will need to get the model number off the engine. Its on the stamped metal that attaches to the head to the carb/fuel tank in most cases

1 Like

I live right by there. I’ll check them out! Thanks!

They are very helpful. If they don’t have the part, they are willing to point you in the right direction. Even if its a local competitor.

1 Like

So, it seems the leak is further in. Aside from the obviously busted gasket, I think it’s leaking from the port marked with the green arrow. I’m officially (shamefully) out of my depth on engines… but I want to learn.

What’s my next step?

Where it the fuel tank? Above the carb? That appears to be a vent tube from what I can tell. If thats the case, your needle/float may be stuck-subsequently overflowing the fuel bowl.

You may find that it’s cheaper and easier to just replace the carburetor and primer base. Once you have the engine code it should be easy to find. I replaced one on my little Briggs outboard motor for maybe $25.

Not saying this is the right one but is an example:

@TBJK @mdredmond thanks guys! By the power of Bezos, a new carb is on the way, arriving tomorrow. I’ll likely still dismantle this one at some point to see what I can learn.

Look at Mustie1 on YouTube if you ever want to learn about small engines and carb repair…

2 Likes

Aaaand now I have another youtuber on my list. Thanks for the recommendation!

@TBJK @mdredmond got the new carb on quite easily. Kit came with a basic sediment filter and fuel shut off valve that I added as well.

It’s running. Like a champ! Thanks guys!

4 Likes