Parking Lot clean-up for surprise landlord visits

It was moved to the end of the ramp, because when it was next to the door, it was parked in half the time the truck came to empty it.

So if we want to move back to only having it emptied every other, or every third time we pay for, we could probably move it back to the steps. Or maybe that really wouldn’t be an improvement.

2 Likes

The dumpster overflows badly if we miss a single pickup. Sometimes it overflows even if we don’t miss one.

5 Likes

The one that was beside the 104 back door will likely never go back there. There was a constant battle to remove cars from in front of it on trash day (back when we had ONE trash day). The trash truck shows up randomly from 6AM to as late as 3PM on Mon, Wed, Fri and there is no way we can keep people from parking in front of it (in marked parking spaces) if it was back by the door.

Ste 102 has the back area setup as a mirror image of our area. There will be the exact same issues with a dumpster there. We can either have the dumpster at the end of the ramp or we can lose several precious and prime parking spots.

2 Likes

My pet eyesore lately has been the giant oil stain that someone with a truck left between us and the neighbor just south of us. In two or three parking spaces, no less. Do we have anything that will clean that up?

2 Likes

Thermite? :blankspace: :fire:

7 Likes

How much do you need? :wink:

5 Likes

Might be time to power wash again.

3 Likes

Tannerite…#Kill it with fire. I’m down to burn anything that isn’t the electric purple short bed!

Apply mineral oil and cover with something absorbent like kitty litter.

Or TSP.

1 Like

And if there’s anything left, put fresh kitty litter on it and grind it into the oil stain with your boot/shoe heel. It will pull the rest of the oil out and you can sweep up the dust for disposal.

5 Likes

I thought Tannerite was non-flammable…

1 Like

Not sure what’s worse… firing a weapon outdoors inside city limits or setting off a legal exploding target with it inside city limits.

No, I won’t hold anyone’s beer while they do it. :smiley:

4 Likes

Tannerite is a binary explosive and with the correct mixture it can be made flame or static sensitive.

2 Likes

Use dawn dish soap instead of mineral oil in a straight or 25% water and 75% soap mixture. Hazmat uses it and it works great. Lay the dawn down in the heat on the surface and then coat in kitty litter about 30 to 45 mins after being laid down. It absorbs and still continues to pull oil from the pavement.

6 Likes

Would sawdust work too? Seems like sawdust is something DMS has plenty of, for free.

2 Likes