Parking Lot clean-up for surprise landlord visits

We need to prepare for any surprise visits from the Property Manager (i.e., the landlord’s representative).

I don’t know whether we have junk or junkers in the parking lot. Not making any accusations - and haven’t checked - just want to make an important point.

As our neighbor prepares to transition and move, it’s very likely that the Property Manager will come over to visit them. I have been told that her personal hot button is junk in the parking lot.

We need to anticipate this and start any necessary clean-up.

While it could happen at any time, it’s likely to continue through the construction period.

7 Likes

Junkers? Not the only problem. Last time I was at the space I picked up trash and put it in the dumpster. There’s crap all over - screws, pieces of wood, paper stuff, etc.

Every time I come up I’m picking something up.

1 Like

All the paint over-spray and associated junk left out there associated with it.

1 Like

@Team_Logistics Parking, parking lot, etc falls on you.

3 Likes

FYI - It looks like the logistics tag doesn’t include current chair @axeonos.

4 Likes

We have Laser maintenance monthly, and just had a 3D fab cleanup. Perhaps we need to quickly schedule a day that all cars be removed from back lot and have a cleaning day there.

4 Likes

We might need a bulldozer.

Would be fun to announce “all cars in the back lot need to be moved now” over the intercom and see how many don’t have an owner on site. Have we recently put a bit of chalk on all the tires to see how many have moved in the last 24 hours?

5 Likes

A majority of the cars in the back that have historically been an issue are “owned” by DMS, or closely affiliated with existing committee chairs.

hmm… does anyone have the official DMS auto inventory?

2 Likes

If they are owned by DMS or committee chair, should be easy to have them moved for cleanup.

2 Likes

Of course, but the cars will still exist in the lot, which does not solve the clunkers issue

2 Likes

Good catch. She’s in that group now. Thanks.

2 Likes

Why the response like a scary principle is coming by? We are the customers of the property manager and landlord. In my experience in commercial spaces the property managers and landlords have always come out to kiss ass not knit pick and threaten. Why is our relationship different? Especially since we are taking over the property next door.

I’m not saying tell them to screw off but, they should be concerned with keeping us happy. If the relationship is otherwise, we should figure out a way to change that.

2 Likes

That may be the case if we were leasing the entire complex. But they have our neighbors to please as well.

1 Like

I contributed a bit to the cause a couple of days ago. The lady that we employ for cleanup was struggling with a big heavy bag that needed to go into the very high (to her) dumpster.

Help and complement her when you can. If a trash can bag is getting near full - carry it out.

7 Likes

Taking out the trash was much easier when we could go out the back door and toss it over the railing into the dumpster.

Can we possibly get that back after expansion? Pretty please?

3 Likes

Rumor has it that when the dumpster caught fire, someone decided that moving it away from the building might be prudent.

7 Likes

But my recollection was that the fire was when it was already at the end of the ramp…

1 Like

Regardless of where it was when it caught fire, since it apparently does catch fire, being next to the building might not be great.

5 Likes

I’ve never been the sole tenant of a complex. There have been cases where my business has been the pain to the other tenants and cases where other tenants have been a pain to my business. In particular on parking lot concerns. What has always happened is at most you get stern words with no teeth behind them. This is because the issues are not between the management or landlord, they are between the tenants. The landlord and management company could care less as long as the tenants are paying their bills.

This is just another empty topic. The issue is either DMS owned vehicles that are not being stored properly or member owned vehicles that shouldn’t be stored at DMS. Hand waving in a thread does nothing to solve either issue. Tow the member vehicles that are being stored improperly consistently for a few months and that issue will clear up. Have the BOD get rid of the numerous DMS vehicle that don’t get any use and that clears that up.