(Paranoia RPG) Looking for players

Who here is interested in playing Paranoia? I had a few offhand replies in an old thread from August but it never materialized properly.

I have a written campaign, and the books (not like you get to read them anyway :slightly_smiling_face:)

I can meet weekly if we arrange a time, evenings best. I figure first session would be character creation and the milk run.

Cheers,
-Jim

3 Likes

I think we have a copy of Paranoia Complex for the C128.

But, what day are you thinking we’ll meet?

1 Like

I’m thinking weekday evenings since weekends tend to be less predictable for people, however I honestly don’t have much of a preference except during the weekday.

How about Tuesdays?

Tuesdays work for me, 7?

Still need to see who else is interested in joining.

1 Like

If it’s noob friendly I’d be down. I’ve never played a tabletop RPG but I think I’m fairly familiar with how it works.

1 Like

It’s both noob friendly and a little trickier at the same time.

Paranoia is weird in that the players aren’t actually allowed to know the rules nor the system, you have to figure it out as you go along. However, this is mitigated by the fact that it means for a new player they don’t need to know how to do the maths etc, just roll the die and I’ll tell you if you succeeded, or if your character dies in a hilarious fashion.

1 Like

Tuesdays work for me, 7?

Still need to see who else is interested in joining.

Well, that’s most opportune time of all. I’d suggest to put something on the calendar one everyone’s had their say.

Since I know nothing about this, please humor me while I demonstrate my ignorance. Should this post be in the newly-minted Tabletop Gaming category?

3 Likes

newly-minted Tabletop Gaming category?

yeah that would be smashing

1 Like

:notes:Send in the Clones :notes:

I’d be tempted to play but I already have ultraviolet clearance.

I might have some Paranoia miniatures in storage…

1 Like

Id be interested to join you for a session or two but I’m not sure if I’m available to be a permanent player. Would you take ‘walk ins’?

yeah we can do that, depending on how many end up in the long term group.

I can pregen some characters as well.

Cheers,
-Jim

3 Likes

I just realized we hit 3 people plus an occassional 4th. Do people want to wait until next week or have a session earlier?

@Robodude919 @HankCowdog (your clearance was revoked. You missed the meeting because you weren’t cleared to know about it) @tombakerftw @denzuko

Cheers.
-Jim

2 Likes

I’m game whenever. Oh and if we can get a little deatils for the wiki then I’ll be glad to add that to the [[Category:Gaming]] page.

I’ll be back in Dallas Monday night, so if there’s a game on Tuesday I’m down!

Ok, Tuesday it is. 7 work? If so I’ll put it as an event on the calendar.

2 Likes

Works for me!

We’re officially added to the wiki: https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Gaming_Events

Heads up, there may be a small delay tonight due to which I may arrive at 7:15-7:30.

I will provide some caffeine as tribute. In the interim, I have made a Discord for the Paranoia group: https://discord.gg/qGvTdQ
If you’re normal discord doesn’t match something I can identify you with DMS, please set a handle for the server.

Cheers,
-Jim

1 Like