Pallet Jack - Repair or Replace?

I am using a gently used yet aging pallet jack. Today there is a pneumatic leak and the rubber shredded off the wheels.

I know there is a pneumatic kit for $30-$50.

Any ideas on replacing the “tires” on the wheels? Or is that new wheel assemblies?

The pneumatic is an easy choice. The wheels look like an ugly price.

Finally, anybody have a decent pallet jack they are interested in selling? PM please.

Thanks.

1 Like

If you’re talking about the steer wheels and wanted to replace the “tires” DIY, you might research about molding new “tires” onto the old wheels with polyurethane elastomer of appropriate properties - similar durometer, etc. to what original rubber was. You’d have to make a simple mold and call a supplier for advice on the resin (get whatever the smallest kit is). If you do it, get a bonding agent for the polyurethane to metal for the wheels and of course make sure they are prepped with a light sanding, whatever, and clean. If you have time and replacement wheels are that far from reasonable, sounds like a cool project.

1 Like

Prices here don’t seem too crazy?

Personally I’d just get a “new” one off craigslist rather than mess around with repairs.

Yeah I’m still not sure if you mean the wheels at the end where the forks start going under the pallet or the one by the handle if the jack

All of them. There are 4.

I think the rubber aged off.

The issue is the pneumatic kit is around $40. The wheels are about the same. So $200 to get my pallet back to functional or spend some money and buy a new 1 for about the same and probably has a 1 year warranty.