Paid video project for a church

One of my website clients - a church located in East Dallas/Lakewood area - is undergoing a pastoral transition. When I met with them today, they asked if I knew anyone who could put together a member video for their website. It requires creating a storyboard, filming the members and pulling it all together. It’s a paid gig, but I don’t know their budget. The ideal person will drive the process with input from their committee.

If this is something you do, are interested in this small job and have a portfolio, please message me and I’ll pass along your information. I think they want to move pretty quickly (have something ready by end of July).

Hi,

I’d be interested in checking out this opportunity. I’m a brand new DMS member, and this is my first reply. I’m not yet sure how to message someone.

I shoot and edit a lot of corporate videos and do a lot of animation and motion graphics projects. If you’d pass my name and portfolio site on to your client, I’d be happy to see if I can help.

My name is Doyle Calvert and my freelance company is DigitalDoyle. They can view examples of my work and clients on my portfolio site which is located at: http://digitaldoyle.com.

Much appreciated!

Thank you, Doyle. I will get back in touch later. Heading to the DMS now. I’ll definitely pass along your information to my client! Welcome to the DMS – hope you enjoy it.

1 Like

Thank you! DMS is my ultimate R&D shop. I absolutely love it. So much to learn and do!

Very much appreciate the referral, and hope to see you around DMS soon!

1 Like

You’re welcome. Sending your information along now. I just took a look at your site and saw i2 mentioned. I worked there for several years. i2 Planet… lots of memories of those conferences!

1 Like

By any chance do you know a really brilliant friend of mine named Jason English who worked at i2 early on? He and I go way back to the mid-90s when we produced a CD-ROM based game called “Paparazzi! Adventures in Tinseltown” that got bought by Activision. It was one of the very first games to feature interactive video using the brand new, (at the time) Quicktime v1.0 codec. The tech has come so far, so quickly… Fun stuff. Wow… Just realized I’m old… :blush: [ moseys back over to the rocker after blowing the dust off of his ‘Get Off My Lawn!’ sign ]

Yes, I do! He was my manager for part of my time at i2. Great guy! And great story about the game you produced together. Haven’t seen him since my days managing a web team at a nonprofit (he had built some software he thought we could use) - probably 14 years ago. Time has definitely flown by!

1 Like

I’ve kept in touch, and he’s now in Seattle, I think, and working on wild blockchain stuff I can’t be bothered to understand at the moment. He also still home-brews the very best beer I have ever personally tasted, and still plays his bass. He comes to Dallas now and then. Next time he’s in town I’ll invite him to visit DMS and let you know so we can catch up and swap stories. I’m positive he’ll be as blown away with DMS as I am.

1 Like