Oxygen Bottle Moved to 102

All,

the oxygen bottle has been moved to the new glass area and anchored to the wall. A steel frame was welded for it (the chain is currently secured, but I’d recommend getting some small carabiners and drilling some holes in the sides to make it easier to work with).

It had to be moved from welding immediately due to additional bottles which had arrived from Metroplex and creating an unsafe condition with freestanding 125 bottles. It must be kept away from the kilns due to the burst discs.

Regards,
-Jim

6 Likes

I just spoke with Anita, Glassworks isn’t ready for that lamping rig yet, there are issues with the sprinklers in the whole area.

well as long as the bottle is here it needs a place to be. They originally left it freestanding in interactive, and then it went in the welding bay since it was the only bottle storage. It’s posing a hazard in welding and with recent bottles that came in there was no longer a rack for it.

If they can’t run the lampworking yet then they need to probably get rid of the bottle since it’s a liability.

Agreed, I accidentally replied to you instead of the post in general.
Since we aren’t ready I didn’t want someone going and hooking up a torch and setting off the sprinklers.
I’ll put a sign on it later today

should also note it’s just the oxygen, not a full setup. You can get LOTO hardware for the valve and we could keep the key in the server room or somewhere amongst the glassworks committee.

-Jim

LOL Fixed it for ya. If you google the other, It wont show up. LOTO will.

ugh, I know. I learned the moniker as “Tag Out/Lock Out” but the acronym that shows is always for “Lock Out/Tag Out”