Other makerspace tour videos

To help us make DMS the best makerspace in the world, it’s a good idea to look at what other makerspaces are doing, can anyone post tour videos of other makerspaces in this topic?

https://wiki.hackerspaces.org/List_of_hackerspaces

I think this is our most recent tour video, from 17 months ago

Duluth Makerspace, Minnesota

Pumping Station One, Chicago

On mobile but here is a more recent tour video

Edit by RD: Lisa is awesome!

Edit by Lisa to add updated link to the video that’s now on YouTube.

1 Like

I’m working on getting it uploaded to our YouTube channel right now. It’ll take a few minutes. :slight_smile:

Edit: @Robert_Davidson ~ I have uploaded the video to our YouTube channel and edited the link in your post with the URL to the video on YouTube. Thanks for sharing it! :D
3 Likes

A tour of DMS at the previous location, a little over 3 years ago, not really relevant for looking at others, but interesting to keep in mind how we have grown.

Sector 67, Madison

Here are some photos from Pumping Station One, I went to visit them last week.

It looks like they have gotten a bit more organized since I visited.

1 Like

Ya overall it looked really good though I was pretty nervous at first as i completely missed the woodshop/metalshop the first time

Indeed, very awesome!

I visited The Forge in Greensboro, NC this past weekend. Here’s a video about the space: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9CeEc3XAXc

You may note they do have an Executive Director (this is a paid position). And, they do actively look for sponsorship.

2 Likes

Artisan’s asylum in Boston (@ 1:18 there is a map on the wall, its 40k sq ft but large majority is rentable space)

1 Like

Qorvo has a sizeable presence in North Texas… north Richardson area. We may even have a member familiar with their local leadership.

They are not listed on the ‘Sponsor Wall,’ but if I remember correctly, Volvo’s truck division closed a local center and donated a bunch of machining equipment to The Forge.

HackPittsburgh

1 Like

Makerspace in Santa Fe connected to meow wolf. If you’re close to Santa Fe or looking for a great getaway please go see meow wolf. Going back in July.

2 Likes

wow, that guy at :22 in The Forge video needs to tuck his shirt in.

2 Likes

Wow I never realized that was there. We were there a month ago, my daughter really liked the Georgia O’Keeffe museum, but she’d totally love that place.

It’s amazing. Just simply amazing.

I’ll add it to my list of places to go the next time I’m out there.

Somewhat related, this is a tour of a closed shop behind the thinkery children’s museum in austin, the organization is impressive.

4 Likes