Ornament Hanger Question for kiln team

To whoever unloaded my glazed tower ornament hanger- did it work?
I noticed the clay piece they were hanging from deformed a bit and the kanthal wires from trinity turned copper but didn’t melt (yay conner). How did it look when you opened the kiln? Did anything fall?
I’m trying to create an efficient use of space for hanging stuff and wanted to try this.
Also, to whoever loaded it…was it a pain to load?
Thanks y’all! :heart:

I unloaded it. It held together fine and nothing fell. I noticed the top warped slightly but it looked pretty much how it did when you put it together.

I think @Csmith10987 loaded it. Craig can you help us understand how that went?

1 Like

It was fine but please glue together it was wonky loading it but seemed to work fine.

1 Like

Craig there was glue… maybe not enough.

2 Likes

That was my concern. Need to figure out how to make the stilt and top stay together better. Maybe make another top thicker and enlarge the hole the stilt goes in so it will shrink to size. :woman_shrugging:
Thanks y’all for the input. Kiln loaders are worth their weight in gold. :heart::sunny::trophy:

2 Likes

What I have done is placed the tree on a cookie so that kiln team does not have to worry about it all coming apart. I glue the base to the cookie and each ornament would have a dab of glue right against the rod so they do not move about when it is all being moved. And would glue the rod to whatever is holding it up. Hope all that makes sense

1 Like

I see yeah maybe just a little more so it’s a little more stable but it wasn’t that bad for sure!!!

2 Likes