Organized/Labeled Tool Cabinet - Thanks!

Just wanted to say thanks to whom ever reorganized and labeled the cabinet with measurement tools, reference parts, and other equipment.

Made it very easy to find what I was looking for and get stuff done.

3 Likes

you’re welcome.
Chairman in another language means Janitor or in this case labeler. :grin:

9 Likes

Speaking of…I’ve heard rumor of a labler machine floating around the space, but have never actually spotted it in the wild. Or perhaps it’s a matter of lore, passed along in whispers on the wind. A rare special creature.

Does such a mythic beast actually exist or is it the stuff of legend? If so, where might I seek it out?

(The fiber cabinet needs some love.)

1 Like

machine shop has a Brother P-touch. Unfortunately, the program / driver is only loaded the HAAS PC. It currently is loaded with 3/4" tape. Make a list of the labels you need and I’ll be happy to meet you there sometime to run some. The Ptouch is in the locked teachers cabinet.

3 Likes

Perhaps we should look at getting one in Creative Arts also, we do have a lot of things that need labels

I would hate to burn out the Machine Shop’s labeller with our possible usage :smiley:

3 Likes

You can also print to it from your smartphone.

2 Likes

I like the idea of that. We have a crazy amount of things in CA to label.

We can keep in the locked cabinet. Get plenty of the labler tape :slight_smile:

@nicksilva Thanks for the kind offer. I’ll wait and see if CA gets one soon (fingers crossed) and if not, I’ll check with you.

1 Like

There should be a Brother Label printer in CA somewhere, I’ve used it.

You’ll have to go to the Brother website and download the driver - have printer with you as it will ask for the S/N.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll look for it.

Yes, there was label machine connected to the PC and the software loaded, P-touch.

2 Likes

FWIW, I located the machine level in approx. 1.28 seconds last night. :rofl:

4 Likes