Orbii started / designed in makerspace is live on Indiegogo

So finally Orbii is now live on Indiegogo https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/orbii-a-robotic-mobile-sphere-with-hd-video/#/

Please share and spread the word to help us reach our goals

5 Likes

That looks really good! When it’s successful, you can add yourself to the kickstarter (crowdfunding) wall.

kickstarter (crowdfunding) wall? what is that?

One of the hallways at DMS has vinyl lettering of all the successful Kickstarters that came out of the makerspace, like LEDgoes, and laser lace letters.

oh yes sure can you please help me Vinyl cut that, I can send you Logo file

Wow Omar!! What a fantastic product. And a great video too. Well done!

You earned a place on this wall.

1 Like

you should schedule a demo. I know a lot of folks would interested, esp @Robert_Davidson

1 Like

What does the video look like when it is rolling around?

1 Like

@Lampy

They have a video clip of moving security video, but I don’t believe it is from the actual device since the perspective is not rolling around.

When you look at the other video clip of the device rolling around it seems impossible for it to provide useable video while its moving (The camera gets pointed at completely different positions constantly during movement.

I am also interested in where the video is stored? Does it use wifi to stream the video to a server? What would be the band width requirements, what are the requirements for the server?

1 Like

We are using 2 camera sensors with 190 Degrees lens (on opposite sides) and
we also have 9DOF (Gyro, Accelerometer, Compass) in side so in real time we
would be stitching the 2 camera streams and sliding the Window (View
Port) based on direction of drive.

Its a complex computation but we are working on it, I come to DMS for DPRG
meetups most of the Tuesdays, so may be we can do a demo Next Tuesday
evening.

Mitch, I can come to Dallas Maker Space on this weekend, so can you please
help me cut the Vinyl for the Wall.

Omar Barlas

3 Likes

Very cool, I look forward to the demo. The device perspective video that I cribbed from your site does not seem to show the distortion inherent in a wide angle (190 degree) lens. Was that video clip filmed from the actual device?

Also, the rolling device in the second clip does not appear to have a camera hole on the opposite side. Is this a new feature that you have developed?

Any shares on your social media, blogs and even emails would be really
helpful so please share our campaign with your friends and contacts , here
is the URL

More you share, more benefits and features we will able to add to Orbii’s
first version.

Currently are raised about 15K from 90+ backers but we need to reach at
least 400 backers by the end of this week, and I know Dallas Maker Space
members can help by sharing via their, social media, blogs and emails

See you at next DPRG meetup in DMS

Omar Barlas
Phone: +1-516-503-4637

Why by the end of the week? Your indigogo campaign says it still has a month to go. Also, why do you need at least 400 more backers? With just shy of $15,000 raised, your average backer is contributing about $165. If you get 400 more backers at you minimum perk of $139 that would raise you an additional $55,600 bringing your total to just over $70,000 or 200% of your stated goal.

Sorry to be OCD, but just curious about the numbers.

We can help but I was wanting to know more first. I have supported a lot of crowd funded stuff but don’t want to recommend something I do not know enough details yet.

After you are successful, it would be a great class to discuss your process, how it went, things you learned etc.

@omarbarlas I can help you with the kick starter wall tonight or tomorrow, but it only gets a little notice, not enough to help with your campaign. It is more a celebration of what is developed at the Space

Because next Perk Pricing is going up , in fact our PR Agency might raise
the price later today.

For the Second camera question, Yes I was recent design change

Omar Barlas

I’d say they’re already successful for having built a functional product before crowd funding it.

@talkers My understanding is that the kick starter wall is intended for successful campaigns. My understanding is that this campaign still has about a month to go and is currently only a little over 40% of goal.

If Perk pricing goes up, them you need even fewer contributors to make a given goal, nor more.

Are you planning to change the product description on the page to reflect the additional camera? As it reads now your only promising one camera.