Opinions about heat press vinyl

We bought the EasyWeed stretch as you suggested. The rolls are in the teaching cabinet.
I’m sorry @kbraby you didn’t find the heatpress. We have several tools most of which are organized into storage. The outsides of the doors are marked and will be getting better descriptors soon.

Oh no, sorry you couldn’t find it. It’s kept in one of the rolling carts that are either under or over by the tall table.

I have used it for doing heat transfer vinyl with both Siser EasyWeed and Chemica vinyl. I had to make considerable adjustments to the recommended settings to get a good result…like raise the heat about 40 degrees and almost double the time vs. doing them on a Hotronix press which has always proven dead on for me. So be prepared with a few test pieces to get your settings right. There are cold spots on the flat platen in the dead center and along the edges, so if you’re doing small stuff, you’ll get better results if you position your work accordingly. Even with the fiddling, it’s better than applying the vinyl with an iron any day.

1 Like

I think you were intending to tag @Rolando_Sustaita1.

I’m sure I will fail to find the press at some point in the future, but I don’t have a project for it at the moment.

I’ve moved this to the new #creative-arts:dye-sub category because it involves using our heat press (which is one of the types of topics this category is for), as well as decorating items in a kinda sorta similar manner as is done with sublimation (using heat and pressure to transfer art onto things such as clothing and other personalized items…).

A couple of things to note about the heat press vinyl that is at the 'Space:

• It is very expensive, so is locked up in the teachers’ cabinet. Please reach out to the current chairperson or any of the Creative Arts instructors for access to the vinyl.
  • The cost of the heat transfer vinyl available at the 'Space is: $3.50 per linear foot. (you must pay for any vinyl used - even if it doesn’t turn out the way you would like…)
  • If you plan on using the Vinyl Cutter to cut out your design, training is required prior to using the vinyl cutter. Keep your eyes open for classes. If you don’t see any within the next few weeks, please post a comment on the Request for Vinyl Cutter Training thread.
1 Like