OPEN TRACK DAY AT ECR ON FEBRUARY 10th!

OPEN TRACK DAY AT ECR ON FEBRUARY 10th !!

Eagles Canyon Raceway is holding a High Performance Driving day on Saturday, February 10. The DMS Motor Sports Crew will be there, and we want to invite anyone with a passion for cars to come too. This is not an official DMS event, but the LeMons Car team will be there. Sorry, no rides in the LeMons car!

This is at Eagles Canyon Raceway – less than an hour north of Dallas near Decatur.
The cost is $200 + tax, and there is more information at http://eaglescanyon.com. All the information is there on the site.

From the website:
“Track days are for all driving enthusiasts. All you need is your car, your passion and a SNELL certified helmet.
You will be assigned to a run group based on your track driving experience, and you will get about two hours of total track time, in half hour sessions. It is a very full day of learning and of driving at the limit.
Lunch and refreshments are on us. “

If you have ever wanted to drive your car on a track, this is an opportunity to try it. Mention DMS when you sign up! See you at the track!

5 Likes

You also need to have a safety inspection signed off by a shop and the rest of the paper work filled out
Key Detail missing from above is you get an instructor that rides with you for all four sessions

Can we go to just watch or take photos? Any fees(parking, etc) involved?
Thanks

I’ve run track days at a number of facilities, including ECR (albeit not under the new ownership). They all have allowed self-safety inspections. Many racers trust their car with nobody but their own two hands, and who is to say that Adam-Oas-Cars-LTD isn’t a valid shop?

No charge for spectating in the past, but new ownership means that feasibly could have changed. You’ll want to bring some very long lenses and i’ll say that 70% of the track isn’t even visible from the spectating area.

1 Like

Thanks. :blankspace:

Just be sure to empty your trunk, air up your tires, have seatbelts that are in good condition, and clean out the interior of your car.

They want you to have a clean car so if you do have an accident you don’t have projectiles flying all over the cabin.

Oh, and if you have a convertible, you will probably need a rollbar or some other rollover protection.

Check under the seats, etc.
Ran an autocross back in college.
Hit the brakes hard and a coke can shot out from under the driver’s set.
Went up behind the pedals.
Coke can lost…
Went back through the car before the next run.
Fun times.

3 Likes

Has the track condition been improved since the new ownership?

Yes the track is much better
Club house is 100 % redone
Lunch is worth the drive alone
#eaglescanyon

2 Likes

thank you!

I’ll try to come out.

If you are planning to participate, PLEASE visit the website.
http://eaglescanyon.com/ This information is on there.

I have asked ECR about any cost for spectators, but there has not been a
charge in the past just to watch. When I get an answer I will post it here.

1 Like

Confirmed NO COST for spectators. Come out and watch!

5 Likes

Thanks Chuck!

@JayJohnson600
Are you doing a shakedown run of the Miata?

I am working toward attending the track day.

Need a few more things on the car, working on it this weekend, and some tuning.

Jay Johnson

1 Like

Registration is close as the event is full

2 Likes

We are going to the track tomorrow! Registration is full (though you might come out to see of someone who is registered does not show up?). There is no cost for spectators.

We will have some tools and equipment there, and a Professional Race Mechanic to answer all your questions. Don’t miss it!!

1 Like

The DMS 240SX on track!

4 Likes

Another photo.

3 Likes

Totally tooling the German’s. I freaking love it! Shout out to all my Jewish brothers and sisters, S14 for life