Oops -- Class in pottery/ceramics 10/1 Saturday 2pm

Rats and drats!

So, after promoting via our bulletin board, and telling all the tour groups that we’re having a pottery class on Saturday, I went to check the details and found that it had been deleted. Alex and I had a conversation about materials fees, in which he wanted the fees to be plugged in via the calendar. He said he told me he was going to delete/reject the class – I did not hear those words. 'Cause I would have resubmitted the class immediately.

If you were planning on this class, I’ll still be here. Saturday at 2pm for handbuilding, with a throwing demo at 5pm. $10 material fee – bring cash.

Done over again by the new calendar system… sigh…

@AlexRhodes,

Not sure where I got it from, but I was under the impression that instructors or event planners received an email if their classes or events were rejected for any reason. Is this not the case? If not, how does one find out if a class or event has been rejected and for what reason?

Also if not, IMO it would make system a bit more user friendly to get these into our inbox. Just my $.02 on the subject…

1 Like

They are notified if a class is rejected and I know they go out because we have received emails disputing the fact. There was a problem with copying an old event that has since been solved. I spoke with Beth and told her, in person, that I would be rejecting it and told her to re submit it. We found out about the issue and as far as we can tell only one other person was affected and I spoke to them as well.

Also in your hosting events, if your class was rejected you will see it Highlighted in red.

Suggestion: to avoid confusion, avoid using hosting “events” and “classes” in same sentence as they are handled differently in calendar system by different people.

The subtle difference may not be apparent to all. I know how the Honoraium system works and rejects but confess ignorance to the details of Event request/acceptance/rejection.

We’re still getting use to new system, which I’m an fan of.

Thanks. I was pretty sure I had either heard or read somewhere what you confirmed here regarding reject notifications and that they were were indeed being generated by system.

So the “copy previous class” function is working as intended now? Or still being tested?

It is working properly now. I check the forums for issues regularly.

1 Like

Question the first: What email would the rejection have been from? I ask so that I can search to see if I received it.

Statement the first: Well, if the class is rejected it must not stay red long. I do remember that I entered the class well ahead of the 10-day deadline, and that you rejected 2-3 days after the 3 day window. When I went to look at my class Friday 9/30, it was gone. Totally. Completely. Now, it is possible that the red highlight only applies if it’s rejected in that 3 days before it posts to the calendar. Mine had posted to the calendar, so different circumstances may have applied.