Oncor Onsite has begun (6-25) Don't park in front! (Updated date)

Got word from our landlord that Oncor will be onsite Monday morning to begin construction on the electrical towers along Monetary.

Please park as far away from the towers as possible to avoid damage to your vehicle.

EDIT: As of 6/25 actual construction has begun. According to Beth in post #31, the construction may be happening at night.

2 Likes

Any indication how long this project will last?

And what are their work hours?

Will this affect power for us ?

Not likely. They are working on the new 233k lines.

3 Likes

From the landlord, “My apologies for the late notice, but I just received word from Oncor that they will be onsite Monday morning to begin construction on the electrical towers along Monetary. Please park as far away from the towers as possible to avoid damage to your vehicle.”

Moderators, please pin globally for 2 weeks , thank you!

2 Likes

Kris, here is a thread about it.

2 Likes

I’d like to point out to everyone that this could affect parking availability in the back, as our neighbors scramble to park back there.

4 Likes

How long is this construction/maintenance expected to take? A day? A week? TBD?

@Kriskat30 or @LukeStrickland … do you know?

I’ll find out from them.

1 Like

This during normal business/work hours or 24/7?

The first day is almost over and there have been no sign of any activity.

Flags were planted near the existing towers last week.

I’ve seen some tower projects that took several months, and others for adding arms and wires that were a few weeks. And this section they are working is probably several miles long. There is approximately zero chance they will do work at all points along the run on day 1, nor that they will be more specific about which portion will be active which day.

2 Likes

I’m now envisioning my friends from out of town who, when visiting, call Dallas the “orange cone city”…but in the sky, now…miles long, all shut down, no visible work, but can’t be used, and heaven help you if you want to know when, exactly, they’re going to ACTUALLY work on the section which concerns you…

Basically yes. The sections through The Colony were converted from pairs of wooden poles to single steel posts several years ago, with a highly sporadic looking work effort, and long completion time, and a few years later, adding arms on the second side, adding doubled up conductors on the new side, then doubling up the conductors on the origional side. It made it really tough to figure out what was going on when.

1 Like

If they don t show up this week, I wonder how long everyone will avoid parking
in the front

They have been working on the other side of I-35 a few poles down from DMS along Denton Drive and around the transformer yard. Next to the existing towers they have been digging very large holes and pouring the concrete bases with embedded bolts for replacing the metal lattice towers with a large metal pole towers. I can imagine that when they erect the new tower and take down the old one there will be several cranes onsite supporting the wires while the old tower is removed and new one installed and lines transferred. I have seen a bunch of workers and activity the last few weeks on the segment between Valley View and where it crosses I-35. It will not be long until that work is happening in front of DMS.

2 Likes