Old Powder Coating Oven up for Grabs

It hasn’t sold on Craigslist etc in quite a while, so it now gets IP for grabs.

PM me with an offer if you are interested in the old Metal Shop Oven. The controller will be removed (the kiln needs a new one) but it’s like a $30 controller.

Best offer gets it as-is after I give time for submissions.

Cheers,
-Jim

This really has to get out, especially with the new plasma table in.

@Team_Logistics what’s the status of offsite storage? there hasn’t been too much interest either on craigslist nor here really (between both I’ve had about three inquiries, most of which determined they aren’t as interested but chance of one of them remains).

If offsite is not feasible, then may end up removing the controller, contactors, probes, etc and scrap the rest of it.

-Jim

@matthshooter I know we talked about it the other day if you are interested.

What are the links to it?

https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/powder-coating-at-the-space/1752/30

That’s about as good as the documentation gets (it’s the build log etc)

No, links to the sales threads.

This is the sales thread, unless you mean the craigslist add in which case that is here: https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/hvo/d/powder-coating-oven/6681492453.html

We’re doing some substantial work Saturday, so let’s see what’s up then. Is it in good enough shape for us to give to another Makerspace? Like maybe the Lab?

Perhaps?

It needs some upkeep, and will need a new PID controller (we’re sticking this one on the Kiln when we get to it). AFAIK it works otherwise.

1 Like

I’m interested in the oven if we don’t have a better use for it at the space. Does the oven currently have the controller removed?

Metal doesn’t have a use for it, just wasting floor space currently.

The controller has not been removed yet.

Ok, let’s work out exactly what needs to be removed, and I’ll bring a trailer to get the oven out.

1 Like

basically just the PID controller, as we’re going to install that on the kiln to replace the controller it currently has.

I’ll be at the space Friday morning to load it up. If the PID is still connected, I’ll disconnect it before we leave.

The PID controller was removed and put on the shelf near the welding area. Oven has been removed.

4 Likes