Official Voting Schedule (Online Voting Closed-Vote in person tonight)

Just want to throw out there, this email will come (more correctly, last year came) from "[email protected]", so watch your SPAM & other filters. This is good, because though I should get one every month, it’s been nearly a year since I have received an email from WHCMS!

Thank you @Lampy for the rundown!

I should add that PLEASE request your voting rights before the start of the online portion:

Cutoff to register for online voting: Sunday, April 8, 2018 at 12:00pm (noon)

We have to import the electors before voting can start:

Online Voting Begins: Sunday, April 8, 2018 at 7:00PM

it only takes a few minutes to do the import but we had some stragglers.

2 Likes

I don’t think I got an email from simplyvoting. Checked my spam filters and everything.

Is there another way to find that info?

It won’t be sent out until online voting starts:

1 Like

Ken, thanks for doing this. It’s a huge timesaver for the members and enables a lot of people to vote who might not be able to come out in person.

6 Likes

Will tonight’s Meet The Candidates meeting be recorded and made available to anyone who could not make it to the meeting?

Stan says he does not know. It is in Digital Media’s hands.

1 Like

I seem to have forgotten, should I be disabling registration at any point at https://votingrights.dallasmakerspace.org/ ?

I don’t think you have to do anything. The company that hosts the service has the cut-off.
@AlexRhodes is this correct?

No need to cut off registration, any that register after we print the ballots will just be registering for next years vote, or for the bylaws changes (if/when we ever do those).

No need to disable our registration, but if a person is not in by our online cut off time they will have to vote in person or by proxy.

When they come to vote in person they will then have a verify they have voting rights.

2 Likes

Done! Takes all of three minutes to do so go vote, people.

Bottom line: if you don’t vote, don’t bitch! :innocent:

2 Likes

If I vote early and then change my mind, am I allowed to change my vote online?

May I cast a ballot in person to override my electronic vote?

Not sure about changing before hand, but I’d say no at meeting. They’d have to know exactly how you voted to cancel those votes - you’d have to download how you voted using the code and ID the present how you voted. If you didn’t do this, you could just vote for A, B, C, D, and E, say you revoted A, B, F, G, & H … thus removing votes for someone you didn’t like then vote for D & E again - effectively getting four votes: two more votes for D & E and taking away two from someone you didn’t like. twice.

In general elections if you send in a mail in ballot you can’t change your vote. So I’d say if you voted electronically, when that closes you vote is permanent at that point…

I’ll stick to my plan to vote late Wednesday night in case there is a late breaking development.

4 Likes

I resent the email to those that have not voted yet.

2 Likes

Why are you bitter or indignant about that?

Gotta love the English language…

5 Likes

i-voted-sticker

1 Like

Still didn’t get the email. I’m totally fine paper voting, but I’m worried now that others may not have received the email as well? I did check my spam folder and nothing there either.

Have not received email either…