Oddball antique store finds

Vacuum tubes tester. Not sure if it’s functional or just meant to be a dentist conversation piece.

Almost made me wonder if @Raymond had a booth…

Might carry enough current for some of @artg_dms 's projects

I didn’t realize those were collectible.

6 Likes

It would be perfect for this group project build

3 Likes

That’s a B&K Model 707 Tube Tester. I had my B&K Model 700 at DMS on Sunday (yesterday) in case anybody had any vacuum tubes to be tested. The only difference in the two was the color of the metal faceplate, black vrs blue. Both the 700 and 707 were very good Dynamic Mutual Conductance Tube Tester, the type that was found in TV Service shops in the 1960’s. So if you are into tube type audio amplifiers then this is the rig you need.

Which antique store were these items found in?

1 Like

http://www.cooperstreetantiquemall.com

Love the Knife Switch … I assume the $1,500 price tag is why you didn’t bring it home.

1 Like

I only needed 900 amps at 400V, so the value proposition just wasn’t quite there.

3 Likes

That would have to be the opposite side of the city from me.

Do you happen to remember which arcade games those boards are?

Did not get into the bin since they probably don’t need yet another set of grubby hands roughhousing them.

Would be really cool mounted on the dash of an electric car. When folks get in on the passenger side casually warn them as you throw the switch “Best to not touch this or spill a drink on it. Got a replacement cover on order.”