Dallas Makerspace Show and Tell - October 2016

Man that is too cool, congrats on the success

1 Like

Hope someone has the last shot made … went super high. Then everyone realized it wasn’t going forward and we sorta scattered back as it splats about 20+ feet right in front of us!

It was cool - many kudos to Brandon the Trebuchet-meister

2 Likes

I think that’s why hard hats were recommended for the launch crew.

View above drop ceiling from over laser

6 Likes

Not terribly easy to photograph, but Logistics received its shipment of LED lights and has been installing them in the workshop. New locations include the back of the woodshop, laser, a cluster along the west side of the general work area, and a few over pallet storage/science.

10 Likes

Lighting near table saws looks awesome FWIW.

Hoping that the woodshop electrical graemlins don’t effect the LED’s like they do the floros.

2 Likes

#2spooky mine
Dani’s

11 Likes

What do you do when you have 4 nice Tektronix scopes, but you can’t see the display?

You order replacement CCFL backlight bulbs from lcdparts.net and install new ones!

9 Likes

More key fobs in production…

10 Likes

Three bowls and a butcher block.

12 Likes

I made a website:

3e8tech.com

Seeking the right positioning/direction, but I think a solid idea is the notion of many individual entrepreneurships sharing risk, reward, responsibilities while acting as democracy in determining company overall direction… chime in on the site if the concept sounds interesting…

1 Like

i want one if your selling

I made this wall plaque for my brother - a big Game of Thrones fan.

10 Likes

No pics, but I did fix five Elenco adjustable power supplies that were cleared out from Electronics.

Next time I’m at the space, they will be put on the donation shelves for anyone who needs a low current, adjustable power supply. They’ll do 200-300ma output.

RJ

2 Likes

Firewood rack for the firepit I made last month :slight_smile:
I now suck a little less at stick welding than I did last month

6 Likes

See if you can find some plastic caps for those open top ends. Both to keep rainwater from having such easy access to rust the insides, but more importantly, so it isn’t such a good core cutter if someone falls on it. I might have built with mitered corners myself to avoid the risk, but it still looks like an awesome project.

2 Likes

I made a wooden pen!
… and it works!
:smile:

8 Likes

A friend of mine gave me some oak from a tree in his yard that was killed by lightening earlier this year. He asked if I could make him a pen from it. Here’s the pen I made for him. The oak actually had some nice figure in it.

7 Likes

@mattarmstrong
Or better yet … 3D print some caps!

1 Like